Embracing Automation, Innovation & Safety
In 2017 we focused on the ‘grass roots’ of our industry – celebrating achievements and productivity. Building on this, and on the back of green shoots seen across the international coal markets, we are looking to the future once more.
Longwall 2018 will be Embracing Automation, Innovation & Safety; bringing together everyone from graduate engineers, to operators, industry stalwarts and leading innovators to share their ideas, challenges, wisdom and successes. With a focus on case studies and operator stories, no matter how big or small your operation is, Longwall 2018 will be the industry gathering for shared learning across the underground coal mining sector.
2018 Key Themes
- Automation – Case studies on implementation, lessons learned and remote operations
- Maintenance – New developments and improvements in predictive maintenance
- Fatigue Management – New techniques to maximise productivity and safety
- Education & Training – From recruitment to staff redevelopment
- The Dust Conversation – The latest updates on this ever-present issue
- Future Tech – What’s in the R&D pipeline and what we can expect from future systems
- Hearts & Minds – Culture as a barrier to change and the biggest hurdle for automation
- Operator Insights – How your peers are innovating and maximising both safety and productivity
Claim your CPD Points
A Mine Managers Association of Australia (MMAA) Endorsed, CPD Event
when & where
30 - 31 Oct 2019
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION RATE
We have secured a number of rooms at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley for the nights of the 30 October – 1 November inclusive.
To book this rate online, click here or call the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley in house reservations team direct on (02) 4991 0970 (Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm) and quote ‘Longwall Conference’ to make your reservation.
Room rates are subject to availability unless sold out prior.
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
430 Wine Country Dr
Lovedale NSW 2325
Tel: (02) 4991 0000