Innovate Health is a unique platform for joining up stakeholders across the digital health value chain, showcasing exciting innovations and provoking discussion on how to promote the development and commercialization of digital health innovations in Australia.
It will bring together healthcare professionals, startups & entrepreneurs, health tech specialists, innovation leaders, government stakeholders, regulators and business leaders for thought leadership, networking and productive discussion.
The event will:
- Facilitate networking between clinicians, industry leaders, investors, government and startups
- Discuss real problems faced by the health industry and explore how digital health solutions might help address these challenges
- Offer the opportunity for clinicians, industry, government and innovators to have real discussions about their needs, challenges and opportunities for collaboration
- Discuss how to tackle the barriers and opportunities with developing evidence based digital health solutions and effective commercialization of these innovations
- Offer insight from best practice digital health success stories which are truly having a positive impact on healthcare, health outcomes and satisfying the needs of clinicians and consumers
- Provide a great platform for startups and innovators to showcase themselves in front of an audience of clinicians, potential industry partners and investors
- Promote earlier clinician consultation, validation and buy-in for innovations, digital technologies and emerging startup solutions
- Build and grow a network/community of digital health startups, clinicians, investors and industry leaders
Partner, Airtree Ventures
Lance M. Black
MD, MBID, Associate Director TMCx / Interim Director, TMC Innovation Institute, Texas Medical Centre
Paul S D’Urso MBBS PhD FRACS
Neurosurgeon, Executive Chairman, Anatomics
Dr Lee Walsh
Technical Lead (Digital Health) |Medical Device Reforms and Emerging Technology, Therapeutic Goods Administration
Dr Emma O’Brien
Clinician Entrepreneur in Residence, Melbourne Health Accelerator @ The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Director, 3d Med Lab, Director, Department of Vascular Surgery, Austin Health
Dr Jasamine Coles-Black
Research Fellow, 3d Med Lab, Doctor, Austin Health
Clinical Nurse Consultant, Diabetes Nurse Educator, Metro-south Health Service, Bayside Chronic Disease - Redlands
Chronic Disease Team Leader, Bayside Chronic Disease Team, Metro South Health
Head of Strategic Partnerships & Innovation, Health Roundtable
IT Business Partner - Commercial, Roche
Dr Ingmar Wahlqvist
Investment Manager, Brandon Capital
Business Consultant | Innovation, Corporate Ventures & Partnerships, HCF
CEO, Australia-China Health Accelerator (ACHA)
General Manager of Partnerships and Clinical Use, Australian Digital Health Agency
Director (Acting), Office of Industry Participation and Jobs, Department of Economic Development Victoria
Director, MedTech and Pharmaceuticals, Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions, Victoria
Dr Dan Grant
CEO, MTP Connect
Dr David Hau
Senior Medical Officer, Devices Clinical Section, Medical Devices Branch, Therapeutic Goods Administration
CEO, AsiaLink Business
PitchFest @ Innovate Health is an interactive, high energy platform for showcasing startup innovation and digging for pertinent details.
This is a dedicated opportunity for innovators to give a 5 minute pitch to a multidisciplinary panel of clinicians, investors, business leaders and mentors before taking 5 minutes’ worth of questions from the panel and audience. It’s a chance for startups to put their company on the radar of the right contacts and for established players and health professionals to identify and partner with innovative teams.
For startups this is a unique opportunity to pitch to a potential first customer, investor, clinician/frontline provider, and future commercialization partner.
** To qualify for a pitchfest spot, startups who apply must have MVP (minimum viable product), be turning over less than $1million a year and have been in business for 5 years or less **
Interested in pitching?
To apply to pitch in PitchFest @ Innovate Health please complete the below proposal form by Friday 8th March 2019 and send to Francesca.Brewer@informa.com
Speaker name, Job title & Organisation:
– Short Company Description (including but not limited to):
– A short description describing your product/service
– Briefly list your team
– What problem/need/opportunity is your business addressing?
– Who will be the customers/beneficiaries (target market) of your venture?
3-4 brief bullet points to outline details of your pitch:
Have you received funding to date? Are you a past alumni of an accelerator or in a current cohort? Please give details:
Why would you like to pitch in the PitchFest?
If possible, please also submit a copy of your slide deck as part of your application.
What healthcare solutions does Australia really need?
In the context of future Australian healthcare, it is important that healthcare innovators don’t simply come up with solutions they think are good for problems they think exist. This is icare’s approach to stimulating and facilitating innovation in healthcare. Read more >>
Why we need greater collaboration between the health and tech sectors
Technology is a major player in today’s business landscape. Improved processes, seamless deliverables, and enhanced client experiences. Much of the reason industries can no longer go it alone. The key? Collaboration. Read more >>
The development of robotics and AI in the health sector
The future of surgery promotes a remarkable partnership between humans and machines. A collaboration seeing the impossible possible, transforming the medical world as we know it. Precision, efficiency, affordability, recovery – just the tip of the scalpel. Read more >>
Opting In to Innovate Health
The Economist featured an article focused on “Doctor You” and how data will transform healthcare. From better diagnosis, to management of chronic illness and artificial intelligence to identify cancerous tissue – the use of digital innovations to transform healthcare is here. Read more >>
Innovate Health Speaker Spotlight: Bronwyn Le Grice, ANDHealth
We spoke to ANDHealth’s powerhouse female founder & MD, Bronwyn Le Grice about ANDHealth’s purpose, her visions for innovation in the health industry and what it will take to create a cohesive and collaborative digital health industry. Read more >>