The 31st Annual Medico Legal Congress will be returning to the Swissotel, Sydney in March 2022. We are also offering the option to attend the event virtually.
Join us at Australia’s premiere medico legal event and a highlight on the calendar of the nation’s medico legal professionals. The congress features a highly credentialed speaker faculty addressing complex and thought-provoking medico legal issues, reviewing recent cases, and discussing the future of healthcare and hospitals – from GPs to surgery in a post COVID world.
CALL FOR PAPERS!
To submit an entry, please contact:
Katrina Bowns | Conference Producer, Informa Connect
P: +612 9080 4322
Topics to be addressed include:
- COVID class actions
- The rights of under 16 years old’s – when parents forbid a child from getting the COVID 19 vaccine?
- Ethical dilemmas in emergency treating patients with specific cultural considerations
- Medical negligence post-pandemic
- What are we doing better since COVID? Telehealth? Digital health?
- Leadership and liability in the setting of remote consultations – who is responsible?
- Addressing medical negligence cases that have risen from lockdowns
- COVID infections in a hospital setting
- Consent issues including “informed consent” vs failure to warn
- Medicolegal issues around body & dental transformations
- Comparison of the new Voluntary Assisted Dying Bill’s
- Decision making during end-of-life care
- The role of the medical power of attorney
- Medicare provisional service review
- Recent developments in law and medicine
- Patient and family complaints – justified or not?
- Virtual versus in-person court hearings and medical consultations
- Addressing the debate around the medicolegal issues of the banned tape procedure
- The recent changes from the Medical Board involving sexual boundary issues or family violence issues
Health & Safety
Informa Australia’s events will be organised in accordance with Informa’s AllSecure health and safety standard. As the world’s leading events’ organiser, Informa has developed a detailed set of enhanced measures to provide the highest level of hygiene and safety at its events, providing everyone with reassurance and confidence they are participating in a safe and controlled environment.
Placing your safety at the heart of our events
When you join our event, you can expect to see that health and safety is a priority, and that a range of measures are in place to ensure everyone involved is able to enjoy a safe, hygienic, productive and high-quality organised event experience.
All Informa events will be run according to official government and local authority guidance in the first instance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations. In addition, Informa Australia will follow ten Informa AllSecure priority commitments.
For more information about Informa Australia’s AllSecure Key Commitments and further details, please visit: