The AI in Health Readiness Forum is a highly specialised event designed to explore the important considerations around AI adoption in healthcare and weigh the readiness in different contexts and clinical settings.
We already have AI being used within healthcare, but how ready are our health systems?
Through a case study and discussion-led agenda, this one-day summit will explore the importance of getting some of the basics right and understanding the “tools in the kit” before embarking on your journey with AI.
Bringing together key stakeholders involved in the safe and responsible use of AI in the field: Clinicians, CMOs, Digital Health Leaders, Clinical Governance Leaders, and Health Service Leaders. Medical and Clinical Directors, Directors of Patient Safety, Innovation Managers, CEOs, CIOs, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Digital Officers, Federal & State government departments and agencies, Tech and Pharma companies, as well as Allied health.
This 1 Day event will explore the readiness of the workforce, health services, and workflows. What are the applications for AI in health which are ready? How is it being used effectively and what have been the learnings which can be translated across other areas of health and medicine?
Topics to be addressed:
- Real-life application of AI within Clinical Settings
- Good clinical governance: why this is critical when deploying an AI algorithm?
- The regulatory approach to AI
- Who’s to blame when it goes wrong? Assisted decision making
- Prepping your roadmap: get the basics built to eventually support AI
- How do you ensure you have the right tools in your “kit”?
- Skills and workforce considerations for AI readiness: developing in-house capabilities
- Safe and Responsible Use of AI in Health
- Case Studies
- Ensuring the data is fit for purpose & the importance of clean data to feed into the AI
- Decision support and how you measure and calculate
- Privacy and data protection
- Best use cases and where is it not the right tool for the job?
- Standards of practice in relation to deployment – where is the evidence at scale?
- Overcoming the challenge of implementing and scaling the use of AI
- Learnings from successes, challenges, and learnings from failures, future directions
Associate Professor Tam C. Nguyen
Deputy Director Research, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
Dr Kean Kuan
Chief Medical Officer, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine
Mazeta Coelho Hamilton
Manager, Health Service Research, Analysis & Modelling Unit, Queensland Government
REDCap Application Manager, Queensland Health, Office of Research and Innovation
Manager Strategic Partnership & Programs / Director of the Health Literacy Hub, Western Sydney LHD
General Manager, Learnsuite Health, Frameless Interactive
Professor Ian Scott
Director of Internal Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Princess Alexandra Hospital
Director of Strategy, Architecture, Innovation, and Research, Sydney LHD
Professor Farah Magrabi
Professor of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Australian Institute of Health Innovation
Dr Anthony Porter
Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Adelaide Plastic Surgery, Visiting Research Fellow, AIML, Royal Adelaide Hospital
Dr Michelle Barakat-Johnson
Skin Integrity Lead, Sydney Local Health District
Dr Emily Kirkpatrick
Executive Medical Director, Calvary Medibank Joint Venture
Clinical Design Lead, Calvary Care
Dr Andrew Hallahan
Executive Director Medical Services, Clinical Governance & Risk, Sydney Local Health District
Medical Devices – Regulatory & Quality Consultant, Market Access
Professor Steve Robson
Global Informatics Innovation Lead, Roche
Strategic Initiatives Manager, Standards Australia
Principal Consultant, BM Digital Health Consulting
Director Service Delivery, End User Computing, Web and Application Development, Sydney Local Health District
Dr Kim Sutherland
Director, Evidence, Agency for Clinical Innovation
Senior Representative, Microsoft
ConnectMe + Streamly
ConnectMe • Networking enhanced
All of our events utilise a bespoke dynamic smartphone app, ConnectMe – which guarantees attendees a premium event experience. Logins are sent prior to the conference commencement allowing you to check who’s attending, schedule in meetings and catch ups, participate in live Q+A and interactive polls, and much more. ConnectMe ensures you never miss a beat prior, during and post event.
Streamly • On-Demand video vault
Streamly is a new video platform from Informa Connect – hosting hours of session recordings from our events and more. Select the Streamly add-on at the checkout to receive year round access to exclusive On-Demand session recordings from all of our related healthcare events*. Login information will be sent post event.
* Note: In a minority of cases, speakers may request their sessions to be excluded from Streamly access.