Informa is delighted to announce an exciting new event – The Bell Bay Major Projects Conference – which will be held on the 5-6 December at the Hotel Grand Chancellor, Launceston. This is the latest in our very successful series of regional industry events and will be held at an exciting time for economic development in Northern Tasmania.
The conference will be heavily focused on project updates from multiple industries and examine the key issues facing the Bell Bay region, featuring fantastic networking opportunities including a major industry dinner at the beautiful Josef Chromy Winery.
Just some of the key topics that will be covered at this exciting new industry forum includes:
- Accelerating advanced manufacturing and industrial growth in Northern Tasmania
- An analysis of the new Safeguard Mechanism, and its impact on industrial development
- Industrial decarbonisation pathways for heavy industry – Opportunities for Bell Bay
- The potential and role for renewable energy and industrial precincts in Australia
- The latest from northern Tasmania’s hydrogen proponents, and where their projects are heading
- The Net Zero Australia project – key learnings for Tasmania and Australia
- Workforce planning and recruitment for northern Tasmania
- Project updates – Aluminum, Steel, Rare Earths, Hydrogen, Methanol, Ammonia
- Opportunities for Bell Bay to develop advanced manufacturing capabilities for defence support
- Updates from renewable energy project developers – solar and wind – in the Bell Bay and Northeast region
- The new offshore wind industry, and opportunities for Bell Bay to play a key role
- Port & shipping developments and requirements from industry
- Updates from the timber and wood fibre industries in Northern Tasmania
- Local government updates and planning for regional growth
- Associated infrastructure analysis including gas, electricity and rail
- New water infrastructure requirements/developments to facilitate a hydrogen industry in Bell Bay
- New industries and opportunities for Bell Bay SMEs to support growth
Come and join the key decision makers in early December to gain the latest information on the many projects in the Bell Bay region, develop new business contacts, and enjoy everything that beautiful Launceston has to offer at the beginning of Summer.
The Honourable Nick Duigan MLC
Minister for Energy and Renewables
CEO, Bell Bay Advanced Manufacturing Zone (BBAMZ)
Dean Winter MP
Shadow Minister for Economic Development, Energy & Emissions Reduction, Finance and Racing, Labor Member for Franklin, Leader of Opposition Business
Founder and Executive Chairman, LINE Hydrogen (Australia) Pty Ltd
Michael van Baarle
Co-Founder & CEO, ABEL Energy
General Manager, Liberty Bell Bay, GFG ALLIANCE
CEO, Tasmanian Irrigation
Chief Executive Officer, Climate Capital
Hydrogen Capability Manager, Bell Bay Advanced Manufacturing Zone
CEO, ACEN Australia
Dr Mark Cooksey
Managing Director & CEO, ABx Group
Coordinator-General, Office of the Coordinator-General
Chief Sales, Marketing & Corporate Affairs Officer, Timberlink Australia
GM Commercial & Business Development, TasGas
CEO, Blue Economy CRC
General Manager - Infrastructure Investment Program, TasRail
Director of Regional Development and CEO, Regional Development Australia – Tasmania
Director – Head of Wind, Equis
Chief Executive Officer, Northern Tasmania Development Corporation
Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Tasmania
Executive Operations, TasNetworks
My Therese Blank
Head of Ocean Product, Oceania, Maersk A/S
Managing Director & CEO, Midway
Asia Commodities and Energy Columnist, Thomson Reuters
Chief Executive Officer, Marinus Link
Commercial Director, Nexsphere
Head of Government Affairs, SunCable
Executive Director, Renewables, Climate and Future Industries Tasmania (ReCFIT)
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Sponsoring the Bell Bay Major Projects Conference will be your gateway to the Bell Bay and Northern Tasmania regions senior industry, investors, businesses, community, and government representatives to connect for this unique networking and shared learning opportunity. If you are interested in finding out about the various sponsorship and exhibition options available, please contact:
Sponsorship + Exhibition Manager
M: 0421 048 191
BELL BAY INDUSTRY DINNER
Join us for the official Bell Bay Major Projects Conference dinner for a fantastic opportunity to network with your peers and clients whilst enjoying the local cuisine at the beautiful Josef Chromy Winery.
*Please note: Seating for the dinner is limited. Attendance for the dinner is reserved for those registered to attend the conference.
VIP Networking Cruise
Tamar River Cruise
6th December 2023 following the close of the conference
Only 45 places available – BOOK NOW!
3pm-5:30pm (2.5hrs) Wednesday 6th December 2023 | Departing from Home Point Wharf in Launceston
The Cruise is the perfect way to unwind after the event and cement new contacts whilst providing the perfect vantage point to view the Tamar Valley, Cataract Gorge, Launceston’s riverfront precinct, Tamar Island, historical buildings and vineyards.
It’s time to relax, enjoy the views, a glass of local wine or a cool refreshing beer and nibbles.
Attendance for the cruise is reserved for speakers and those registered to attend the conference.
when & where
05 - 06 Dec 2023
Hotel Grand Chancellor, Launceston
29 Cameron St,
Launceston TAS 7250
(03) 6334 3434
Book accommodation with HotelMaps
To access the best available rate, book here.
Still have a question?
Marketing & Media Enquiries