The Build to Rent (Multi-family) sector is expected to take off in Australia.
In a win for developers, the NSW government recently announced land tax will be cut by 50% over 20 years.
The Build to Rent model is expected to diversify the existing housing mix, provide more affordable housing and benefit the growing number of Australian renters.
With further regulatory changes proposed, developers are seizing the opportunity to become first-movers in Australia’s up-and-coming asset class.
Investors, recognising the unique position of the Australian market, are seeking viable projects.
Learn more about navigating the changing landscape at Build to Rent 2020.
The program will explore:
- Where does the BTR opportunity lie in Australia? Why now?
- Case studies of Australia’s first BTR apartments
- How to finance BTR projects
- Attracting investors
- Understanding the different approaches of the states
- Levers and factors for BTRs to flourish in Australia
- Insights from BTR sectors overseas
- The changing regulatory and taxation environment
- Developing a strong BTR framework in Australia
- What do renters want? Planning and designing for long-term renters
Who should attend:
- Property developers
- Super funds
- Investment banks
- Institutional banks
- Federal, state and local government planners
- Property lawyers
- Community housing groups
- Property organisations
- Housing academics
Benefits to Attending Virtually
Why attend Build to Rent 2020 Virtually?
View our virtual platform in the video below.