Conditions of entry
Entry to an Informa event for attendees and staff is not permitted if they:
• are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)
• have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious)
• are themselves, or residing with anyone who is, waiting the results of a test for COVID-19
• have returned from international or interstate (where relevant) travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days
Informa Australia AllSecure Key Commitments
Placing your safety at the heart of our events
When you join our event, you can expect to see that health and safety is a priority, and that a range of measures are in place to ensure everyone involved is able to enjoy a safe, hygienic, productive and high-quality organised event experience.
All Informa events will be run according to official government and local authority guidance in the first instance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations. In addition, Informa Australia will follow ten Informa AllSecure priority commitments.
Attendees who are not subject to any of the above conditions should acknowledge the following:
• leave the site immediately if they become unwell, after notifying a staff member
• at all times, maintain social distancing measures (as per the government guidelines) with respect to other visitors and staff
• maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing their hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using hand sanitiser
• maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately
• provide their name and contact details and consent to Informa providing their name and contact details to the Department of Health or any other third-party government department, as required to enable contact tracing procedures
Cleaning & Hygiene
1. Enhanced cleaning
Informa Australia will be working with venue partners to provide the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness by undertaking enhanced, deep cleaning before, during and after our events. This includes continuous sanitisation throughout the course of an event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food and beverage areas.
2. Personal hygiene
Informa Australia will be working with venue partners to provide hand sanitising stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to regularly wash and disinfect their hands.
3. Reduced-contact registration
Informa Australia will employ a system that facilitates reduced-contact registration for participants.
4. Physical contact
Informa Australia will request that participants avoid physical contact, such as handshakes and embraces, promoting alternative ways to greet business partners. The exchange of printed materials, such as business cards and sales brochures, will also be discouraged, with digital alternatives recommended.
5. Physical distancing
Informa Australia will maintain a density of participants in line with local authority regulations and venue or other relevant guidance. This will be managed through one or more control measures such as pre-show communications to participants, a one-way traffic system, on-site signage and floor markings.
6. Food and beverage stations
Informa Australia event teams will work closely with venue partners to employ the highest standard of food safety for our event catering, in line with local authority regulations and venue or other relevant guidance.
Protect & Detect
7. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Informa Australia will follow relevant health authority guidance on Personal Protective Equipment. Any items of PPE, such as masks, gloves and eye screens, will be used in line with local government and health authority advice.
8. First aid
Informa Australia events will have access to a qualified first aider. Participants will be asked not to attend if they are feeling unwell, and teams will follow local health authority guidance on detecting and managing anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19.
Informa Australia will follow local authority regulations and venue or other relevant guidance on screening participants. This may include checking the temperatures of everyone on entry, through thermal scanning or other screening processes.
10. Trace and contact
Should it be necessary, Informa Australia will work with local authorities to trace and contact participants at our events, subject to local privacy regulations.
Book with Confidence
The COVID-19 situation is changing daily, and we want you and your colleagues to feel confident about booking onto our events.
• If you cannot travel due to restrictions, we can provide a credit of your registration fee towards a future Informa conference or a refund will be available up to 5 working days before the event.
• Alternatively, if the event is being delivered virtually, you may move your registration to a virtual pass and invite a colleague to join the virtual event experience.
• If Informa Connect reschedules the event, we will roll over your booking to the new dates
Keep updated with our rescheduled dates and format changes, by visiting our conferences, exhibitions and training course pages.