Informa is delighted to invite you to the 11th WA Power & Gas Conference on the Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th March at the Hyatt Regency in Perth.
The WA Power & Gas Conference analyses the impact of energy market changes worldwide and discusses how Western Australia is reforming, adapting and leading innovative projects and technologies to plan the energy transformation.
The state-wide black out in South Australia, the recent bushfires in Western Australia and the energy crisis in Tasmania strengthens the need to address current energy policies, the role of the grid and the energy mix, and the opportunities brought by new technologies and energy systems to address these issues.
We are pleased to announce The Hon Josh Frydenberg MP, Minister for the Environment and Energy will open the 2017 Conference with a pre-recorded Ministerial Address.
The forum is following the WA State’s election to be held on 11 March 2017, providing a timely platform for the energy industry to network and discuss major changes, new opportunities and how we can best address energy transition challenges.
Key topics and questions to be discussed include:
- The WA Market Review: new opportunities?
- Domestic gas markets
- How is WA sustaining the balance of the changing energy mix and the coal industry?
- How can we best prepare and manage the economic and social cost of the transformation of the energy markets?
- The transformation of the grid as a trading platform
- Developments of the distributed energy industry
- Microgrids and learnings from the off-grid sector
- What is the role of major energy user in the energy transition?
- Why is storage part of the solutions?
- How are technology innovations impacting business models for retailers and utilities?
- Will stand-alone microgrid become a sustainable power solution for major users?
- How Australia will meet its emission reduction targets? What is the outlook for Western Australia?
- What are the challenges to integrating high levels of intermittent generation in order to maintain security of supply at the lowest possible cost?
- Opening the North West Grid to competition
- What can WA learn from other States?
The WA Power & Gas Conference is for everyone involved in electricity energy markets in Australia. It is designed for energy businesses and electricity generation representatives, consumers, power companies, resources, agriculture, finance and property development industries, utilities, network, major industrial customers, government representatives, and regulators.
The Hon Josh Frydenberg MP
Minister for the Environment & Energy
Senior Associate, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Director, Economics Consulting Services and Chair, Australian Energy Institute Perth Branch
Principal Consultant, Key Energy & Resources Pty Ltd
Director External Relations, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd
Executive General Manager WA, Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
Executive General Manager, Clean Energy Regulator
IPP/Utilities Sector Manager, AusPac, Aggreko
Mark de Laeter
Director, Oakley Greenwood Pty Ltd (Panel Facilitator)
Chief Executive Officer, Energy Consumers Australia
Chief Executive Officer, Collgar Wind Farm
Director of Social Policy, WACOSS
Partner, The Lantau Group
Dr Renate Egan
Director and Co-Founder, Solar Analytics and Chair, APVI
General Manager Commercial, Synergy
Managing Director, Horizon Power
Seán Mc Goldrick
Executive Manager Asset Management, Western Power
Business Development Director, AES Philippines
Executive Director, Genex Power
Managing Director - Energy Products and Programs, Tesla
Managing Director, Power Ledger Pty Ltd
Researcher, Curtin University
Chief Operating Officer, Carnergie Clean Energy