Key Learning Objectives
- Types of approvals you may encounter
- Approval tools and processes to ensure strategies are in place
- Effective scheduling and tips for streamlining
- Managing external consultants/specialists
- Coordinating internal approvals specialists – getting the best from them
- Facilitate effective liaison with regulatory authorities
- Facilitate effective stakeholder engagement required for approvals
- Identify strategies to take back to your project
- Tailored for project managers where approvals are a critical path
- Take away easy to use tools to ensure your project stays on track
- Go back to your project knowing how to effectively manage your approvals
team and consultants.
About the Course
Too many organisations are finding their major projects are over budget and out of schedule due to the approvals required for commencing works. This is due to various reasons that include lack of upfront planning, failure to engage specialists and commence required investigations at an early stage, ineffective engagement with stakeholders and regulatory authorities, lack of specialist resources, ineffective management of specialist consultants and lack of an interdisciplinary approach.
This course is designed to empower the manager with the knowledge, tools and skills required to keep project approvals on track.
The course provides an overview of project approvals that may be encountered, examines common mistakes and potential risks in this area and outlines processes, resources and tools to ensure in place for effective approvals management.
All participants will receive a manual and tools to take back to their projects to commence more effective management of approvals. Practical exercises will enable you to review historic and current problems you may be having and develop an effective strategy for the way forward.
Who Will Benefit
This course is specifically designed for project managers and business development managers who want to ensure timely gaining of approvals by managing approvals specialists more effectively and ensuring they have the correct processes in place.
Those responsible for gaining of approvals can also gain valuable insight into what should be in place on their projects.
“Caroline is to be commended for actively challenging attitudes and past practices and delivering outstanding outcomes that pleased government bodies reviewing our project”
Development Manager – Infrastructure, Karara Mining Limited
“The knowledge Quessentia brings to project teams in the area of sustainability and regulatory approvals is important to Abigroup and its long-term relationship with its clients”
Business Development Manager, Abigroup
Detailed overview of potential approvals needed in a project environment
Gain an understanding of required approvals so you can ensure processes are in place
for each and know the questions you should be asking your team.
Exercise: Using checklists and approval summaries provided define and categorise approvals applicable to your project/organisation
Examine common mistakes being made on projects and related potential risks. Most mistakes are easy to avoid and hence risks to your project timelines can be greatly reduced. Effective tools for the planning phase of your project will be provided to avoid these mistakes.
- Identify approval risks in a mock project example as a group
- Using your own project/organisation example, identify current approval risks
Using tools provided
Processes, resources and tools to have in place
- Risk based approach – early identification and resolution of critical path issues
- Approvals tracking and scheduling – streamlining timeframes, coordination and effective
tools in place
- Resources and personnel – people to have in place, required skills, staff versus consultants
- Effective use of consultants and specialists – setting the correct scope of works and effective management to ensure quality outcomes within budget
- Managing your integrated approvals team – effective internal communication, working together, asking the right questions of your team, team culture and eliminate duplication
- Managing external parties – influencing methods, transparency, provision of high quality
information and how positive relationships can improve approval timeframes
Exercise: Using the effective processes, resources and tools outlined identify strategies for managing approvals in the mock project example as a group.
Exercise: Using your own project/organisation example, identify what you can put in place to improve facilitation of approvals today.
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.