Training course providing theories, tools, techniques and strategies to create scalable, interactive and actionable data visualisation solutions aimed at professionals who want to make an impact in their teams and organisation.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn to create scalable, interactive and actionable data visualisation solutions
- Master the art and science of simplifying information to understand the story of your data
- Discover how to make the right data visualisation choices and control the narrative
- Explore secrets of design fundamentals for data visualisation and presentation
- Develop an understanding of the latest tools and software for visualising data
- Learn how experts collect, manipulate and visualise data using the latest techniques
- Learn to constructively analyse and critique a data visualisation solution in light of purpose and audience
- Develop fundamental skills in data science and analytics
About the Course
Data visualisation and storytelling is becoming one of the most important skills in the data-driven economy. This course provides the latest concepts, tools and techniques to build and influence the development of a successful data storytelling capability. Delivered through an interactive approach with a highly-visual content, participants of this course are exposed to basic fundamentals of data, design, narrative and technology that powers compelling and action-oriented data visualisations.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who wants to understand data visualisation in the context of visual communication and information graphics for analytics and data science but have not had any (or major) exposure to the field. It can also be beneficial to those who want to pursue a change in career and work more closely with data visualisation in an analytics / data science capacity but have not had a chance to figure out how to go about it. Lastly, it can benefit anyone who works in a business or technical role and uses data to communicate opportunities and insights to other businesses or technical stakeholders.
Take your learning and development further and experience transformational impact on your career progression. Our Executive Coaching and Mentoring programme offers you additional value and benefits to reinforce key learning outcomes obtained on an Informa course. Package your learning to incorporate additional 1-on-1 executive coaching with our expert Instructor.
To learn more or to include Executive Coaching and Mentoring as part of your registration for this course, please contact one of our Training Consultants on +61 (2) 9080 4395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the registration page when booking online.
Live Online Training
Learn Anywhere, Learn Anytime
Catering to meet all your learning needs:
- Get high quality practical training from our expert instructors
- From Face To Face, Online and Blended Learning, get a superior solution for your learning needs
- Learn live online in an interactive environment
- Invest in yourself. Invest in your team.
Register today for our Live Online Training courses and fi nd out how they can help you transform the way you work. Contact one of our training consultants on email@example.com to find out more.
How to build and manage successful Data Visualisation and Storytelling capability in your organisation
Organisations and teams that want to remain competitive in the future will have to invest in their data literacy, visualisation and storytelling capability. A capability that goes above and beyond technology and data.
In this 1-hour webinar, Felipe Rego, a leading data science, analytics and data visualisation partner will walk us through some of the latest ideas and practical examples on building and successful data visualisation and storytelling capability in your organisation.
Creating Successful Data Visualisation & Storytelling
Data visualisation and storytelling are becoming important skills in the data-driven economy and mastering these skills can be a huge boost in future-proofing your career. In this exclusive 1-hour webinar, Felipe Rego, a leading Data Science and Analytics Partner, will share with you:
- Tips and tricks on what to consider when building visualisations and stories from data
- An end-to-end framework for building successful data visualisation solutions
- Examples of good and not so good data visualisations
- Data, tools and other considerations when building visualisations that resonate
Really enjoyable course in an exciting and growing subject. Felipe was an enthusiastic, encouraging and engaging presenter!
– Business Intelligence Lead, Forensicare
Felipe was very knowledgeable in skills, theory, best practices and current information on data visualisation. Very engaged and supportive in listening to our ideas and input with great discussions and teaching.
– Creative Designer, UNSW Sydney
History and fundamentals of data visualization
- History of data visualisation, recent developments and future
- Visualisation to drive decision-making for your department
- Knowing your why, and what your data needs to achieve
Driving an organisation’s data maturity to support compelling data storytelling
- Making sense of your organisation’s analytics capacity to create compelling data visualisations
- Plotting a roadmap from business strategy to data visualization
- In-depth understanding on what makes successful organisations do data vis right
Deciphering key components and best practices in data visualization
- Understanding graph theory and colour theory
- How different shapes and objects are perceived, and create meaning
- Practical interactive activities exploring use cases of data visualization
Connecting the dots with case studies and data visualisation examples
- Assess various use cases and meaning of data vis solutions
- Inputting data effectively and the importance of tool selection
- Design fundamentals for data visualization
Fundamentals of design, color and shapes in the context of data visualization
- Formats for data visualisation and presentation – chart types, animation, infographics
- Picking the right visual language to influence your audience
- Simplifying the data to tell your story more effectively
Building narratives for successful data visualization and storytelling
- Learn the power of narrative, and how to effectively communicate with data
- Understand the power of visual storytelling
- Making the right graphical choices, and controlling the narrative
A brief overview of data visualisation software and other information visualisation tools
- Explore information presentation tools and software options
- Differences between different types of visualisation, tools and best practice
- Overview of Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe suite, and many other tools’ capabilities and applications
Final summative data visualisation & storytelling activities and concluding thoughts
- Revisit main themes, tools, techniques and strategies
- Apply learnings based on a hands-on data visualisation and storytelling exercise
- Group discussion, final reflections and insights
when & where
08 Mar 2021
09 Sep 2021
09 Dec 2021
17 Mar 2021
05 May 2021
17 May 2021
23 Jun 2021
28 Jul 2021
22 Sep 2021
27 Oct 2021
10 Nov 2021
17 Nov 2021
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.