Key Learning Objectives
You’ll know what it means, and what it takes, to get Cloud ready and be a Cloud-enabled organisation. You’ll know how to answer the following questions:
- What is Cloud (really) and where and why should I go Cloud?
- What are the key clauses in a Cloud contract?
- What are the typical KPIs and recourse?
- What are the commercials and how do I compare them?
- How do I realign my business for a successful move?
- How do I gear up my people and structure my organisation?
About the Course
There is little doubt that Cloud computing, in its various incarnations, will have its place in all enterprises. Its adoption provides significant opportunities to access and deliver services in increasingly cost effective and agile ways.
Cloud is on most executive’s agenda. However, management is still coming to grips on what it means to their organisation. Controlling the commercials, managing the risk to the business, adapting the business and people, and leveraging the benefits.
This workshop is designed to provide a holistic understanding of the Cloud and the tricks and traps for the commercially inexperienced in Cloud contracts, pricing, and SLAs.
First, we demystify all things Cloud and tear free of the buzzwords. We then explore how Cloud is changing business and government, including what are smart first move options. We delve into the regulatory environments both here and overseas, before diving into the standard Cloud contract clauses and why these are unlike other contracts you may have seen. In explaining the pricing and SLA options, we first delve into what is on offer, then into what is actually being sold and why.
From this point on, we focus on how to understand where people are in terms of their ability to shift to the Cloud and how we target and communicate with them. Lastly, we examine what a Cloud strategy needs to address and what success looks like.
Who Will Benefit
Middle managers and any teams involved in Cloud initiatives. As this is a business-orientated, non-technical course, it is also appropriate for professionals who may be involved from the business, financial, legal, procurement or organisational change perspective.
- Contract managers and advisors
- Business and project managers
- Contract officers and administrators
- Cloud Category managers
- Procurement professionals
- ICT managers
“Fantastic insight into the non-technical element of moving to the Cloud.”
Senior Technology Manager, ANZ Bank
“The group discussions were relevant and very interesting. Appreciate the extra reading material -was very valuable. I now have the confidence to ask the relevant questions and have Cloud conversations.”
Principal Procurement Officer, Public Safety Business Agency
“Essential for ICT procurement officers to gain a better understanding of how to navigate and strategise in this space to achieve successful outcomes. I wish we had done this years ago, before we embarked on our Cloud journey. Extremely valuable insights in a non-techo deliver method that was easy to grasp. I like the format and group interaction. Learn lots from the group discussions.”
Assistant Director Procurement, Australian Tax Office
“Very interesting insights. Fantastic presentation. Great practical commercially focused course.”
Legal, Monash University
The Cloud explained
- Disruption and innovation- where the Cloud fits in
- Evolution of the Cloud- what’s the buzz?
- Cloud terminology- understanding the nomenclature
Getting on board the Cloud
- Changes in the Cloud- Commercially, it’s going to be different
so new skills are required
- The adoption curve and the chasm- when will the Cloud
become the norm?
- Government in the Cloud- the driving force for change in the
- Using the Cloud: a beginning- consider what to move to the
Cloud and why
- Regulatory environment- where is the industry at with Cloud
- Cloud contracts- key clauses in typical public Cloud contract
- Understanding SLAs and KPI- performance standards offered
- Pricing structures- Cloud pricing structures and the challenges.
- Managing stakeholders and change- stakeholder emotional
responses to shifting to the Cloud
- Communication- helping stakeholders get through the move
using effective communications
- Developing the strategy- forming a Cloud strategy and its key
- Realising the benefits- understand when the move to the
Cloud is successful.
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.