Key Learning Objectives
The 5-day program comprises a 3-day Foundation Module and 2-day Practitioner Preparation Module, which can be taken together or separately.
The Foundation module ensures that participants acquire the skills and knowledge to be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. Through practice exams, workshops and evening study, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to take both the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams.
The Practitioner module is designed to provide the in-depth knowledge and understanding necessary to ensure you are able to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology
- Learn how to deliver projects on time, within budget and to defined quality requirements
- Integrate the PRINCE2 Principles and Themes into a project
- Establish a project organisation with the appropriate stakeholders
- Apply planning processes that ensure alignment with project, business case and quality requirements
- Manage the progress of a project using the appropriate control mechanisms of PRINCE2
- Prepare participants to pass the APMG Foundation and Practitioner Certificate exams
What You Get:
- PRINCE2 Manual Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 published by the UK Cabinet Office
- Comprehensive ALC Course Workbook
- A3 Laminated PRINCE2 Process Chart
- Practice Examinations
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Exam
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate Exam
- Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments
About the Course
PRINCE2® is a preferred project management methodology of both business and government sector around the globe. It provides a proven best practice model that ensures project delivery is on time, on budget and of high quality.
This course provides a comprehensive coverage of all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology and prepares participants for the Foundation and/or Practitioner exams.
The 5-day PRINCE2 program comprises a 3-day Foundation Module and 2-day Practitioner Preparation Module, which can be taken together or separately. Through practice exams, workshops and overnight study, you gain the knowledge and skills required to first of all take the Foundation Exam on Day 3 and then the Practitioner Exam on Day 5 of the program.
What Option Should I Choose?
The full 5-day PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate Program is designed for current or aspiring project management professionals who need to fully master this leading PM method and at the same time obtain a globally-recognised certification. This program is also ideal for anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer. The course provides a very comprehensive coverage of PRINCE2 including the 7 PRINCIPLES, 7 THEMES, 7 PROCESSES as well as full preparation for the Foundation and Practitioner Certificate exams.
The 3-day PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Course taken on its own is designed for those who are not necessarily aspiring for professional level knowledge but who nevertheless require a sufficient understanding of this project management methodology – such as people working in projects, people initiating projects, business representatives, team leaders, those with an interest in project management or who are considering moving into that field.
If you take the Foundation module on its own you may at a later date take the Practitioner module and complete the full program.
The 2-day PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate Course is designed for anyone who has Foundation certification and wants to upgrade their knowledge and certification to Practitioner level. The course focuses strongly on workshops, exercises and case studies so that you understand how to put the theory into practice.
Who Will Benefit
The full 5-day PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate Program is designed for current or aspiring project management professionals who need to fully master this leading PM method and at the same time obtain a globally-recognised certification.
This program is also ideal for anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer.
Dates and Fees
Module 1: PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
This module provides a comprehensive coverage of the key principles and terminology of the PRINCE2 method. The Foundation exam is held at the end of the course (check your Confirmation Email for exact timing).
1. Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- Characteristics of project management
- Project and product life cycles
- History of PRINCE2
- Overview of methodology
- Project Management structure
- Benefits of PRINCE2
2. The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibility
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
3. The 7 Themes of PRINCE2
- Business Case
4. The 7 Processes of PRINCE2
- Starting a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Managing Product Delivery
- Closing a Project
5. The Tailoring of PRINCE2
Module 2: PRINCE2 Practitioner Preparation Course & Exam (2 days)
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Level Course is designed to provide the in-depth knowledge and understanding necessary to ensure you are able to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end, Participants need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2 to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
The course comprises an intensive 2-day format of lectures, workshops and exercises. The Practitioner exam is held at the end of Day 2.
The course will cover the following:
1. Revision of foundation certificate theory
2. Coaching on examination structure and process
3. Complete mock Practitioner exam questions
4. Practical exercises and discussions on how to implement PRINCE2
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.