Key Learning Objectives
After attending this P3O training program you will be able to:
- Identify which P3O model is most appropriate to the strategic objectives of your organisation
- Understand and learn to measure the value that a P3O offers to an organisation
- Identify the functions/services of a P3O
- Know the roles and responsibilities associated with a P3O service
- Practice strategic analysis and portfolio modelling techniques used within a P3O
- Understand the relationships between strategy, portfolio, programme and project, and how these different relationships affect management issues
- Learn how to implement or revitalise a P3O
- Understand the P3O business case, and its relationship to the P3M3 Maturity Model
About the Course
Informa Corporate Learning partners with ALC Education & Consulting to bring you fully accredited courses in Project Management.
The P3O® model was developed by the OGC (UK Office of Government Commerce) and is from the same stable as PRINCE®2 and MSP®. It provides the structure, governance, functions and services required for defining a balanced portfolio of change and ensuring consistent delivery of programmes and projects across an organisation or department. It could successfully take many forms, all of which are explored with the P3O guidance – from a single all-encompassing physical office to a complex model made up of a permanent Portfolio Office supported by permanent hubs and temporary Programme/Project Offices.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach – in a large government department or large corporate, the P3O model may be the ideal, however, in a small organisation the P3O model may simply be a single individual acting as a multi-tasking P3O officer.
ALC offers a 5-day two module training and certification program comprising the Foundation Certificate (3 days) followed by the Practitioner Certificate (2 days). The Foundation module can be taken on its own.
Who Will Benefit
The course is designed for:
- Programme Managers
- Programme Directors
- Business Managers involved in approving/prioritising business change investments
- Project Managers who need to better understand Portfolio/Programmes/Project Office Managers
- Programme/Project Office Managers
- Staff who perform roles within a PMO/P3O structure
- P3O and PMO Consultants
- Individuals who require P3O certification
- Managers who need a structure for working alongside corporate organisational investments (projects and programmes)
- Team members employed within or alongside a support office
- Anybody who needs to understand and apply the principles of portfolio, programme and project support
|Course||Fees A$ Per Person|
|P3O® Foundation Certificate Course & Exam (3 days)
P3O® Practitioner Preparation & Exam (2 days)
P3O® Combined Foundation/Practitioner Program with Exams (5 days)
|$1,950 + GST
$1,675 + GST
$2,950 + GST
40 minutes, 50 multi choice questions with 1 mark available per question,
30/50 (60%) marks required to pass, closed book (no reference material allowed).
2 1/4 hours, 7 objective testing questions per paper, 70 marks available in total
35/70 (50%) marks required to pass, open book, P3O® manual allowed to be referenced.
There are no pre requisites to sit the Foundation exam.
To sit the Practitioner exam delegates must have passed the Foundation exam.
|Business Skills & Project Management
ITIL® Capability: Operational Support & Analysis
Advance your career; Add value to your organisation; Gain credits towards ITIL Expert
This course comprehensively covers concepts, terms and theory and is packed full of real world examples and sample exercises.
1. Why Have a P3O Model?
Setting the scene, value of having a P3O model and the consequences of not having a P3O, how to create the business case.
2. What is a P3O Model?
Overview of models, functions and services, roles and responsibilities and integration into the organisation.
3. How to Implement a P3O Model
Lifecycle, stages of delivery, delivery, review and lessons learned, closure and benefits review.
4. How to Operate – Tools and Techniques
Benefits, critical success factors, tools, techniques and tailoring approaches.
5. Roles and Responsibilities
Include management and generic roles and functional-based roles.
6. Foundation Exam
40 minutes, 50 multi choice questions,
60% marks to pass, closed book (no reference material allowed).
P3O Practitioner (Days 4-5)
This module thoroughly deals with the practical application of P3O and works extensively through case studies. The course finishes with an exam review and then the actual Practitioner exam which is 2½ hours, 9 questions, 108 marks, 59 to pass, open book, PRINCE2 manual allowed to be referenced.
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.