Key Learning Objectives
- Improve corporate and current business language literacy
- Update vocabulary trends in written and spoken English
- Improve articulation and gain confidence in written communications
- Recognise and correct inconsistencies in writing and presentation styles
- Examine the process of logical writing: How it improves message strength
- Examine voice, tone and other verbal communication tools
- Become fluent in professional business presentations
- Develop confident public speaking skills in business settings
About the Course
This course has been designed for overseas-born professionals seeking to develop their career performance in Australia through improved business communication.
It combines the complementary subjects of business writing, pronunciation and verbal/visual presentation skills.
- found it hard to say or write down what you really want to say?
- delegated a task and it hasn’t been done… and you have no idea why?
- been given an instruction and not understood, yet lack the confidence to ask again?
- missed out on a deal because you didn’t understand the underlying tone of an email?
- had a conversation and even though it’s been in English… you wish you’d had a translator?
The course will address all of the above questions through the self-awareness and the introduction of communications tools and techniques.
It will also review language trends, recommend how to structure various pieces of written communication such as emails, reports and proposals, and give insight into the meaning behind the tone, sarcasm and humour particular to Australian culture.
Many professionals feel insecure when required to perform in the public arena. The ability to speak with control and authority is an essential leadership skill. Learn to deliver information with clarity
and in an engaging style..
Who Will Benefit
- Overseas born professionals looking to advance their spoken English
- Overseas born employees seeking to build job performance; specifically in the realms of written and spoken English
- ESL professionals who wish to enhance their composure and personal profile at work, improve their assertiveness skills, and become more confident and effective in their interactions with those they work with; at all levels of the organisation
“I enjoyed practising all the tools taught during the course. It will have a significant impact on the way I will communicate with clients and colleagues. Kerry is very enthusiastic and has a lot of energy in delivering the coursee”
Senior Consultant, Titan ICT
“All the tools help me deal with customers more confidently and efficiently”
Quality Assurance Officer, Multigate
“The resources, material and course content was very realistic and useful. The activities brought life to skills that can be taken away”
Contract Manager, Telstra
Australian business culture focus
- Overview of the business, professional and social practices in Australia
- Australian workplace values
- Group dynamics in the workplace
- Review of Australian written and verbal communication trends
- Build understanding of local behavioural traits
Business writing skills for corporate literacy
- Using writing that speaks to the reader
- Applying plain English principles to the writing process
- Writing simply to achieve the highest level of professionalism and the greatest impact on your audience
- Recognise and correcting inconsistencies in your writing style
- Emailing in English
- Writing a succinct business letter or proposal
- Structuring emails to improve readability
Lexical business needs
- Reviewing various terminology used in a selection of job types
- Developing the specific terminology relating to your work or area of business
- Developing written communication skills specific to your purposes
- Useful exercises on pronunciation, stress and intonation to achieve greater authenticity of spoken English
- Special focus on appropriate Australian humour and jargon
Business presentation and public speaking skills
- What makes a presentation
- Presentation vs delivery
- Voice, tone, speed and other critical elements
- Developing confidence as a public speaker in English
- Developing fluency of speaking for business presentations
- Tools and techniques to improve confidence and assertiveness
- Preparing and delivering memorable presentations
- Fielding questions
- Active listening skills
- The power of questioning
- Non-verbal communication signals
- Making a presentation of information
Situational business skills
- Socialising with clients with greater confidence
- Participating more actively in meetings
- Conducting and running effective meetings
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.