Key Learning Objectives
- Discover the human brain, emotion and peak performance. What causes emotions and how do they impact others?
- Recognise essential terminology and general implications of improving performance based on emotional competence
- Develop a deeper, practical understanding of the key emotional competencies and how to gain, maintain, and enhance them
- Learn to adapt your behaviour to a style that is more conducive to improved performance
- Examine the key aspects of EI
> Self awareness
> Self regulation
> Social awareness
> Social skills
ABOUT THE COURSE
Regardless of the level of technical expertise your organisation possesses, it will be emotional expertise that takes you to the highest levels of performance.
The concept of Emotional Intelligence first broke into mainstream management in the mid 1990s. In the last 13 years, there have been major advances. Organisations who have used Emotional Competencies have demonstrated substantial bottom line improvements as a direct result of these efforts.
And now, you can do the same.
In fact, several studies have shown that Emotional Intelligence (EI), which is based on Emotional Competence (EC) or Emotional Expertise (EE), almost always separates successful, high performing individuals from the average employee.
In this course you will learn the essential elements of emotional intelligence, and gain practical understanding of the key emotional competencies, integrating Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP).
You will also learn the how to develop emotional expertise; the course will define the steps for building peak performance through emotional expertise.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is relevant for all those looking to improve their personal performance, productivity, communication, negotiation and influencing skills in the workplace. This includes managers, leaders, specialists, directors and C level management.
A CPD Course
Use this course to help fulfil your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) educational requirements to retain your professional/chartered status.
Contact your relevant association to learn how.
“[His] ability to engage with the class and knowledge content. Excellent and inspiring.”
Accountant, United Professionals of Australia
“Alan is engaging and knowledgeable with plenty of life experience”
Operations Manager, Department of Health
“Very informative, explained any issues well. I would definitely attend one of Alan’s courses again”
Quantity Surveyor, Unidel
INTRODUCTION TO EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Understanding the terms: Emotional Intelligence (EI), Emotional Competence (EC) and Emotional Expertise (EE)
- The components of EI:
- Knowing your own emotions
- Managing your own emotions effectively
- Identifying other people’s emotions and how we might have contributed to their development in specific contexts
- Responding to and dealing with other people’s emotions effectively
THE HUMAN BRAIN, EMOTION AND PEAK PERFORMANCE
- Basic brain structure – dominant and non-dominant hemispheres, their functions and implications
- The Reticular Activation System (RAS) – the human success radar – how it works and how we can use it more effectively in leadership
- The Limbic Hypothalamic System (LHS) – what it is, its importance
for communication, and how to use it
- Using our understanding of the brain structures and processes to attain higher emotional expertise, better performance, and more effective communication
SELF AWARENESS AND SELF REGULATION
- Understanding the development of emotions and behaviour and learning how to control and adjust them
- Learning and applying the skills of self control, particularly in emotion charged business situations
- Trustworthiness – an essential emotional competence – what is it and how do we develop it?
- How to develop personal flexibility
MOTIVATION AND SELF MOTIVATION
- The art of maintaining the drive to achievement in oneself and those one leads
- The four levels of commitment and how to achieve the higher and more effective levels
- Demonstrating and encouraging initiative to exploit opportunity and achieve beyond expectations, using the New Behaviour Generator
- The inspiring power of optimism – driving towards the hope of achievement rather than away from the fear of failure
SOCIAL AWARENESS, SOCIAL MANAGEMENT AND BUILDING IN NEURO LINGUISTIC PROGRAMMING (NLP)
- The art of empathy
- The art of ‘calibration’
- The art of advanced sub-conscious rapport building
- Becoming ‘service orientated’ – a trusted adviser to stakeholders
- Developing others by sensing what they need and helping them to build their abilities
- The art of (positive) politics – recognising power relationships and social networks, and using persuasion and complex relationship strategies to build consensus and rapport
- Communication and networking
- Instilling a sense of purpose and guiding by example
- Emotionally intelligent conflict management and managing difficult people using the technique of ‘pacing and leading’
- The art of replacing compromise with collaboration
COMMUNICATION FOR THE APPLICATION OF EI/EC/EE
- Transactional analysis as a communication, negotiation and corporate relationship building art form
- The nine principles of Gestalt psychology and how to use them as an effective tool for EI/EC/EE based leadership
- Advanced EC using NLP SDI and Relationship Awareness Theory as advanced tools for enhanced EI
EXAMINING THE ENNEAGRAM
- The Enneagram is an ancient tool of still currently applicable wisdom.
- Learn how this is an outstanding tool for understanding human personality differences and developing ourselves to our maximum potential.
BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER – PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
Development of a personal action plan – participants will draw upon their responses to the various course exercises, and upon their workload ahead to prescribe a personal action plan for developing specific emotional competencies in the weeks immediately following the course. They will also set personal key performance indicators by which they can measure their own progress against their personal action plan.
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.