Key Learning Objectives
- Articulate what Cyber Security is and how cybercrime affects organisations
- Understand the current Cyber environment such as Data Breaches and Hackers
- Understand the relationship between cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Understand the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability model (CIA)
- Understand why cyber security is a key issue for management and your organisation’s C-suite
- Understand cyber risks and how they impact your organisation
- Articulate and apply key methodologies
- Develop new skills in communicating key themes of cyber security with confidence
About the Course
Cyber security has become a global problem affecting individuals, governments and organisations alike. It is critical that Professionals understand cyber security to effectively navigate the digital age.
This workshop will provide the key foundational knowledge and concepts of cyber security as it relates to individuals and organisations. The course covers topics across cyber, physical, and personnel, with a focus on business outcomes. This introductory course develops understanding of the key concepts of cyber security, business consequences and cybercrime. If you want to develop skills essential for the future, this course will not only provide knowledge but enable you to communicate and understand cyber security.
This course is designed for people without prerequisite knowledge of cyber security, increase your contribution to your organisation and further your career goals.
This is a highly interactive course that will use a case study organisation. Participants will work individually and in groups to perform the course exercises using the case study organisation.
Who Should Attend
- Operational staff, Personnel, Officers, Engineers, Specialists, Analysts, Architects, Executives, Associates, Consultants, Managers, Project Managers, Product Designers or Directors
- Anyone who wants/needs to understand the implications of cyber security on their organisation and improve their career perspectives.
What is Cyber Security?
- An introduction to cyber security
- What are Vulnerabilities?
- What are Hackers?
- Data Breaches and my Digital identity
- Cyber Terminology
The Current Cyberspace Environment
- Understanding the cyber threat
- International threat landscape
- Business consequences of cyber crime
- Key Cyber Models and Frameworks
- Applying the concepts
- Operational Convenience and Security
- How digital transformation and disruption impacts cyber security
Cyber Security Business Concepts
- Employee Roles and Responsibilities in Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Risk Management
- The Essential Eight
- Introduction to Detection and Prevention
- Honeypots and Deception
- Social Engineering
- Phishing Basics
- Secure by Design
when & where
31 Jul 2018
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.