Key Learning Objectives
- Describe the key principles of Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Apply the various creativity tools and strategies in generating ideas and lead teams in problem solving through the Creative Problem Solving (CPS) model
- Use the divergent tools to generate creative ideas in solving both strategic and operational problems
- Use the convergent tools in defining the real problem and selecting the right decisions
- Evaluate creative ideas in a decision-making process
- Make practical and feasible decision
- Present and sell the ideas persuasively
About the Course
This course focuses on how to enable you to recognize your preferences for different aspects of the creative process when solving problems. It helps you to realize how people interact when solving problems and to become more participative in generating effective solutions and making fast decisions.
The FourSight Thinking Profile is an assessment tool that measures your preference for each of the four thinking stages that are essential to innovation: clarify, ideate, develop and implement. The profile shows you how, as an individual or as a group, like to go about solving problems or tackling challenges. Once you know your thinking preferences, you can be:
- More strategic about how you problem solve
- More conscious about how you collaborate, and
- More deliberate about how you innovate
The learning approach is based on the adult learning methodologies where groups of 5-6 members will be set around the class. The participants will bring in their problems for discussion within the organization’s context and they will also learn to facilitate the team’s creativity & decision making process.
- Short Lectures
- Role Play & Reality Simulation Activity
- Individual Reflections and Group Activities
- Group Discussions
Who Should Attend
Officers, executives and anyone who lead and manage changes, coordinate workflow, solve problems creatively and make decisions either in team meetings, discussions and project management.
Why you think the way you do?
Different preferences in solving problems
We as individuals or groups are often called upon to solve challenges, make decisions and think creatively. Are you or your group required to do the following?
- Build innovative teams
- Increase collaboration and communication
- Develop leaders
- Train thinking and creativity skills
- Coach executives, entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs
Understand the Thinking Process
- Difference between Thinking, Creativity and Innovation
- Style of problem solver (Clarifier, Ideator, Developer and Implementor)
- Ground rules for Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- FourSight Thinking Profile – Preference style of problem solver (Clarifier, Ideator, Developer and Implementor)
Understand the Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Process
- Explore the Challenge (Identify Goal, Wish, and Challenge)
- Generate Ideas (Idea generate tools)
- Prepare for action (Select & Strengthen solution & Plan for action)
Creative Thinking Skills (Tools for Diverging)
Case 1: Brainstorming on the company’s creativity & innovation culture
Case 2: Brainwriting on motivating the staff
- Forced Connections
Case 3: Force Connection on the increasing company’s brand image
- Visual Connections
Case 4: Visual Connection on improving customer service level
Problem Solving Skills (Tools for Converging)
- Highlighting – Hit, Cluster & Restate
- PPCO – Pluses, Potential benefits, Consequences and Overcoming the problems
Creative Decision-Making Development
- Consider the consequences of a decision
- Take into account all the necessary information available
- Be focus on the key goals & objectives
Creative Decision Risks Management
- Evaluate the solution generated by considering the value and priority for each solution – Decision Matrix
- Choose the best solution that best meets the criteria stated
- Prepare a Preventive Action Plan and contingency to address unexpected incidents
- Prepare to communicate, present and sell the ideas across
Workshop Application of Creative Problem Solving & Decision-Making Process.
- Group Presentation – Application including:
- Creative problem solving process
- Decision Making process
- Selling the ideas across to the audience
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.