Key Learning Objectives
- Understand how to develop an integrated risk management process for all your contracts/project to reduce business risk
- Appreciate how to obtain a realistic contingency for your contracts so as to improve competitiveness as a tenderer or for obtaining project funding
- Use risk management with the parties pre and post contract to gain better contract outcomes
- Quantify issues to enhance quicker and more commercially focused contract negotiations
- Develop contracts that are more equitable using risk management
- Learn to use risk processes to ensure the contract is robust (or to find its weaknesses)
- Integrate safety risk management processes that flow from principal to designer, contractor and operators/maintainers
About the Course
This course falls within our contract management series within our CMP certification. You will learn about risk management and how it can be applied practically to your contracts and projects in a consistent way. It will also address how project risk management processes can be minimised compared to more conventional Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) processes.
The course will explore the practical application of quantitative data as well as pre and post contract processes (such as managing contingency and resolving issues). It will illustrate how optimising risk management rather than risk allocation can improve contract outcomes. How to use risk management processes to ‘stress’ contracts will also be addressed so as to identify any weaknesses in the contract. Recent leading edge developments will be explored such as integrating value and risk management, and setting up processes to enable risk management to occur between the parties pre and post contract.
If you are working with contracts (either in the principal – or a contractor’s team – employee or consultant) and wanting to see how risk management can improve contract/project outcomes then this course is the perfect fit.
Who Will Benefit
As one of our core units in our contract management CMP series, this course is relevant for those concerned with defining and implementing best practice contracts, as it illustrates how managing risk can affect and improve your organisation’s contracting outcomes in any industry sector.
In other words, this course is beneficial to all those working with contracts and tasked with optimising their performance.
Live Online Training
Learn Anywhere, Learn Anytime
Catering to meet all your learning needs:
- Get high quality practical training from our expert instructors
- From Face To Face, Online and Blended Learning, get a superior solution for your learning needs
- Learn live online in an interactive environment
- Invest in yourself. Invest in your team.
Register today for our Live Online Training courses and fi nd out how they can help you transform the way you work. Contact one of our training consultants on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Our expert course trainer Sean McCarthy delivered an insightful webinar on “Using & understanding contracts as tools for ensuring deliverables”.
- Overcoming some of the common challenges associated with managing contracts
- How contracts act as tools for achieving set outcomes across deliverables or projects
- The importance of contract interpretation and building confidence in dealing with contracts
The CMP Certification Framework
The CMP provides a robust method of up-skilling and recognising an individual’s expertise and experience in contract management and procurement. Our combination of in-class teaching, facilitation, knowledge based testing and workplace evidence based examinations has been carefully crafted to not only teach knowledge and skills, but to also demonstrate how individuals can apply their knowledge to work based situations. This Certification is recognised by IIBT and World Commerce & Contracting.
Informa Corporate Learning is a Learning Partner of the World Commerce & Contracting which is a not for profit association and the only global body promoting standards and raising capabilities in commercial practice.
The International Institute of Business & Technology Aust (IIBT) is a highly respected, Government approved, Australian provider of higher education and VET programs. Their suite of programs includes a University level Diploma of Business Administration, equivalent to the first year of a business related undergraduate degree at Australian Universities.
THE IIBT / INFORMA CORPORATE LEARNING ALLIANCE
IIBT and Informa Corporate Learning joined together to provide a pathway for those who complete Informa’s CMP at the Master level. All CMP Masters will receive Recognised Prior Learning (RPL): 2 units of credit in the 12 month, Higher Education, University level Diploma of Business Administration.
- Business Law (BL101)
- Management in Organisations (MGT101)
*This is a Higher Education Diploma equivalent to first year university NOT a Vocational Education Diploma.
Click here for more information.
Overview of risk management
- The development of risk management
- Risk in the project/contract cycle
- Individual risk profiles and implications
- Benefits of undertaking risk management to an organisation
Development of an integrated context
- An outline of the qualitative risk management process
- Minimising process requirements for contracts
- The importance of objectives
- The use of a risk breakdown structure
Development of risk management process for your contracts/projects
- Workshops – how and when
- Reporting and key factors for ongoing management of risk
- Developing a procedure that supports governance and aligns with enterprise risk management processes
- What has happened in the past
- What is possible now
- How to use contingency as a tool to add value to project management and tendering processes
Using quantitative analysis for issues management
- Issues logs and required data
- Assessing the “bottom line”
- Using the analysis in contract negotiations
Undertaking a detailed review of the contract
- Planning a workshop to “stress” the contract
- Identifying areas of weakness
- Using this to improve your contract or tender
Latest developments to improve contract outcomes
- Using risk management with the parties to improve the contract during tendering
- Using risk management post contract to reduce conflict
- Gaining a competitive advantage through risk management
Raising the safety risk management bar
- Setting up processes for a whole of project life approach to safety
- Complying with aspirational and government standards
- Integrating processes from safety in design to standard operating procedures
Real case study analysis
Participants will be given the opportunity to undertake a number of exercises using their own projects/contracts information during the two days Participants are encouraged to bring contract details and will be expected to keep information provided by other participants confidential
when & where
01 Sep 2022
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.