This year’s Safe & Secure Hospitals Conference program will address code grey responses, incident reporting, training and education for security and clinical staff, legal protection, improvements to communication between staff, patients and visitors, strengthening healthcare policy and the importance of clinical governance, security risk management frameworks and much more.
Attendees will benefit from hearing from 22 speakers; a range of perspectives including clinical, security, police, legal, ambulatory who will offer best practice strategies and interventions to improve the safety and quality of healthcare services for our nation.
Topics for 2016 include:
- Increase security capability through technical solutions
- Embed multiple approaches to support a digital hospital
- Manage information & performance reporting
- Deliver dynamically risk assessed interventions to reduce staff & patient injuries
- Manage aggression in the ED – Early identification & de-escalation strategies
- Increase emergency services capacity for mental health
- Re frame police interventions
- Building community trust & alliance
- Alcohol & drug affected patients – A medico legal perspective
- Therapeutic containment model of care to promote patient wellbeing
- Support patient group & reduce the risk of situations that may give rise to a code grey situation
- Move from security led to clinically led code grey
- Collaborate between security & clinical staff
- Provide a safe workplace for staff, patients & visitors
- Appeal to & meet the needs of a multi-disciplinary staffing base
- Staff guidance & support when faced & dealing with aggressive, challenging &/or violent situation/persons
- Utilise technologies to track, record & prevent aggression
- Change the culture around occupational violence
- Staff training – The effects on their sense of safety & wellbeing & impacts on daily practice as a caregiver
- Addiction – The effects of this type of aggression on staff
- What can we learn from other services?
- What have we changed? Where do we go from here?
- Interactive panel discussion – Implementing safe systems in healthcare