Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the structure of major projects
- Create an HSE mindset with suppliers
- Review the various types of contract, their advantages and disadvantages
- Learn how to identify and manage risk
- Gain practical insights into management of suppliers and subcontractors
- Understand global issues and stakeholder management
- Discover practical solutions to delivery issues
- Examine case studies and lessons learnt
About the Course
This course provides practical insights and strategies for successful management of engineering and procurement contracts.
Jeanette brings solid, unique experience from both the principal/operator side and the FEED specialist/consulting side. These insights are rarely offered in such an educational format.
Participants will delve deeper into the structure of major projects, how to create and HSE mindset with suppliers and understand the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of contract. The course will address risk identification and management and provide practical strategies for managing risk. Participants will learn how to manage suppliers in a global context and how to pro-actively address delivery issues.
The course will culminate in a board presentation based on a realistic project scenario aimed at assisting the learning process. This will be critiqued by Jeanette.
This is also an elective in our Contract Management Professional Certification (CMP) program.
Who Will Benefit
Experienced project practitioners including project managers, contract managements and supply chain specialists in the oil, gas, power and renewables sectors.
A CPD Course
Use this course to help fulfil your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) educational requirements to retain your professional/chartered status.
Contact your relevant association to learn how.
REVIEWING THE STRUCTURE OF MAJOR PROJECTS
- Project scope
- Contracting strategy
- Global supply chains
- HSE focus in contract management
- Creating an HSE mindset with suppliers
TYPES OF CONTRACT
- Pros and cons
- Case study
RISK AND REWARD
- Risk identification
- Risk management and mitigation
- The human side of risk management
- Group work – risk management
- Management of subcontractors
- Creating productive relationships
- Management of sub-suppliers
- Global supply chains
- Vendor evaluation
- Management of suppliers
- Histograms and S-curves
- Progress reporting
- Progress meetings
- ROLE PLAY: Progress meeting
- Cultural awareness
- Commercial considerations
- ACTIVITY: Communication and mis-communication
- Internal and external stakeholders
- Influencers and gatekeepers
- Engagement strategies
- How to identify issues
- Pro-active management
- Development and implementation of recovery plans
MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE
- Real and perceived changes
- Change management systems
- Claims and counter claims
- ROLE PLAY: Negotiation of change orders
- Management of supplier
- GROUP WORK: Plan and deliver a board presentation that will be critiqued by the instructor
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.