The National Cosmetic Medicine Summit is a two day event providing a unique forum within the Australian cosmetic industry specifically tailored for cosmetic doctors, dermatologists, cosmetic nurses, clinic owners, dermal therapists, practice managers, cosmeceutical experts and others from the cosmetic industry to discuss, collaborate and further their clinical knowledge as well as hone techniques from thought leaders and peers in the industry.
What sets this event apart is its focus on critical practice management considerations including updates in regulation, legal & compliance considerations, marketing and advertising guidance, considerations for starting a new practice or setting up multiple sites etc as well as non-surgical and non-invasive techniques.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- New codes of conduct, standards, updated guidelines
- Advertising cosmetic services – regulation update
- Ensuring compliance with latest regulation
- Investigating non-compliance in cosmetic facilities & black market
- Getting the right insurance cover
- Starting Up Your Cosmetic Practice: Lessons Learnt From a Cosmetic Nurse & Business Owner
- Steps for building a multi-site practice
- Networking for success & sustainability
- Staffing for Success – Effective recruitment & development of your aesthetic practice team
- Using social media effectively
- Where you’re failing at social media – Making sure you convert social media traffic to consultations
- Applying the Skills of Upselling
- How to manage patient expectations
- Managing cosmetic emergencies
- Medico legal obligations
FEATURE KEYNOTE – Grazina Fechner, Front & Centre
HOW TO CREATE YOUR RAVING FANS!! – ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET
From communication skills, to client/patient experience, business skills, and how to entice your clients/patients and keep them forever. Ensuring the red carpet is rolled out to anyone that you have an interaction with.
The importance of understanding what your clients and staff need are and then providing them with that solution. It’s having the ability to engage and drive client interaction not only presenting the opportunity to extend the sale or service, but also to leave the client/patient with a positive and fulfilling experience that they will happily come back to and become your raving fans
Pre-Conference Workshops | Thursday 2nd August 2018
Workshop A: A Practical Guide to Making Social Media Work for Your Clinic
Aesthetic clinicians will have the chance to have their own social media and blog platforms critiqued by content and SEO experts at this year’s National Cosmetic Medicine Summit – 3-4 August 2018 in Melbourne. Trish Hammond and Drew Hankin will offer a truly interactive session, highlighting the five mistakes that aesthetics clinics make when promoting their business through blog posts and social media updates; and offer industry-specific advice on how to get your digital channel to where you want them to be. Trish Hammond is an award-winning beauty blogger and CEO of Plastic Surgery Hub. Drew Hankin is the Managing Director for specialist medical marketing agency, Azuri Group.
Please BYOD: interactive session
- Design a high level communications strategy for your business model
- Develop an effective social media content plan
- Learn the digital communications basics of what you need to know to successfully grow your business by using tools such as SEO, Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Gain a deeper understanding of the possibilities of social to improve your bottom line and how to go about implementing your social strategy
Trish Hammond, Blogger and GM, Plastic Surgery Hub
Drew Hankin, Managing Director, Azuri Group
Workshop B: The Emerging Profession of Dermal Therapists and How to Build Your Business
1:30pm – 4:30pm
While Dermal Therapies has seen a steady evolution over time, in more recent years’ growth has become much more expansive. This is due to the world-wide web and social media allowing consumers to do their research and connect with others so that they are more knowledgeable. Consequently, this has led to greater demands from clients for services which give the best results and are delivered by expert therapists. Add to this the vast array of innovative products coming on to the market, the technological developments of machines and new educational providers offering different qualifications; trying to make sense of it all can be confusing.
This dynamic and interactive session will cover three main areas to help you gain the most salient knowledge you’ll need.
- The growth of Dermal Therapies and most importantly its future direction
- The steps to transition your business which at its heart is the appropriately educated therapist
- The important question of scope of practice and ethical practices as a dermal therapist so that you will have a clearer understanding of the dermal point of difference.
Who should attend?
This program is for business managers, clinic owners and anyone wanting to expand their practice.
Frank Perri, Senior Lecturer & Co Course Chair Dermal Sciences, Victoria University
Claire Simpson, Lecturer & Co Course Chair Dermal Sciences, Victoria University
Jennifer Byrne, Lecturer – Dermal Sciences, Victoria University
Editor & CEO, Plastic Surgery Hub
RN & Founder, Clear Complexions Clinics
Assistant Secretary Regulatory Practice, Education & Compliance at Department of Health
Training Solutions Director, Front + Centre
Director, Trusted Digital Media & Creative Director, Trusted Surgeons
Chief Enthusiasm Officer, Trusted Surgeons
Dr Sean Arendse
Senior Emergency Physician, The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre Melbourne
Associate Professor Lynette Cusack
RM, RN, Chair, Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
Executive Officer, Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
CEO & Managing Director, MIGA
Founder, Kelly George Aesthetics
Marketing Director, Engage Online Marketing
Director Pharmaceutical Regulatory Unit, NSW Health
Dr Larissa Miller MBBS
FRACGP, FACAM, Dr Miller Clinic
Dr Ross Farhadieh
Plastic Surgeon, Panthea Clinics Sydney & Canberra
Marketing Consultant, HebCoCorp
Dr Gordon Ku MBBS. FAAAM (A4M), CPCA.
Board Certified Cosmetic Physician, Me Clinic
Senior Lecturer & Co Course Chair Dermal Sciences, Victoria University
Dr. John Javorniczky
Senior Regulatory Officer (NIR), Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
David Urban, Science Officer, Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
Dr Liang Joo Leow
Department of Dermatology, St Vincent's Private Hospital, Sydney; Clinical Advisory and Innovation Council, St Vincent's Health Australia
Principal Lawyer, Slater and Gordon