Informa Australia is delighted to announce the inaugural 2017 National Cosmetic Medicine Summit.
This two day event aims to provide a unique forum within the Australian cosmetic industry specifically tailored for cosmetic doctors, cosmetic nurses, clinic owners, dermal therapists, cosmeceutical experts and others from the cosmetic industry to discuss, collaborate and further their clinical knowledge as well as hone techniques from thought leaders and peers in the industry.
Australia’s Cosmetic Industry is booming. According to the latest figures, Australians spend more on cosmetic procedures per capita than Americans. There are still major challenges and concerns facing the industry, including the recent changes to National and state regulation, the incidence of complications and complaints as well as rapidly advancing methods and technologies.
The comprehensive 2-day program will cover:
- State of the art techniques and technologies in cosmetic procedures
- What is new in laser, dermatology and injectables
- What is being achieved in other countries
- Case studies showcasing new innovations and models
- Common complications in cosmetic procedures
- How the new guidelines and regulations will impact your practice
- Medico-legal issues and obligations for the cosmetic practitioner
- Scope of practice
- Effective practice management
- Marketing and promoting your business through blogging and social media
- Recognising body image and self-esteem issues in patients
and much more….
To view the full agenda click here
We are part of an independent publishing company based in London UK, specialising in peer and non-peer reviewed journals, with conference and training affiliate arms in most major cities around the globe. We are a leading provider of healthcare conferences both within Australia and globally, and within the aesthetic space we organise the premier conference “FACE – Facial Aesthetic Conference and Exhibition” in London, and the Euromedicom “Aesthetic and Antiaging Medicine World Congresses” in Europe, Latin America and Asia as well as publish PRIME International Journal of Aesthetic and Antiaging Medicine, a leading scientific journal in this market.
We are unlike other conference organisers in that we do not organise or receive funding/fees from associations, members or government departments to run conferences on behalf of them. The conference agendas are developed independently through primary and secondary research and consultations with the industry in order to tailor the content to the industry’s educational needs. We regularly work closely with government departments and professional associations who we invite to become non-financial supporters of the conference. However are not contracted by any outside organisation or association.
WEDNESDAY 1 MARCH 2017 | WORKSHOP A
Time: 8:30am – 10:30am
Benefits of Collagen Stimulation with the Ellansé injectible products
Workshop Facilitator: Dr David Topchian, Cosmetic Surgeon
This 2 hour session will introduce experienced injectors to the benefits of Collagen Stimulation with the Ellansé group of injectible products.
The presentation will cover the science behind Ellansé, the differences in Collagen Types, the benefits of healthy Collagen Production as well as Indications, Contra-Indications and best practice.
The session will be headed by prominent cosmetic surgeon Dr David Topchian and will include Patient Analysis, Injection Techniques via Live Procedure and encourage ongoing Q & A throughout the session.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Experienced injectors of both HA products as well as Bio-Stimulators.
WEDNESDAY 1 MARCH 2017 | WORKSHOP B
Time: 11:00am – 1:00pm
Achieving Facial Aesthetic Harmony with Hyaluronic Injectables
Workshop Facilitators: Dr Adam Rish and Dr Ronald Feiner
This live patient workshop will showcase the remarkable facial rejuvenation outcomes that are achievable with high grade “Princess” hyaluronic acid fillers.
Selection of appropriate viscoelastic filler combinations for each case will be demonstrated. Workshop attendees will be rewarded with an exhibition of elegant injection techniques that will support and motivate injector confidence.
The workshop will be led by leading Australian cosmetic physicians Dr. Adam Rish and Dr. Ronald Feiner, who will encourage audience questions and interaction to make this workshop a memorable and rewarding experience. They will demonstrate how the “Princess” range is easy to use while sophisticated in design rheology. “Princess” product quality, consistency and safety is assured through meticulous production standards by “Croma-Pharma” in Vienna, Austria.
WHO IS IT FOR?
All levels of cosmetic injectors-cosmetic physicians and nurses.
WEDNESDAY 1 MARCH 2017 | WORKSHOP C
Time: 1:30pm – 6:00pm
Laser and IPL Safety Training for Cosmetic Practice
Workshop Facilitator: Elissa O’Keefe, Director, Bravura Education
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Do this course if you work or are planning on working in a cosmetic/aesthetic/ dermatology practice and will be using lasers or other light based technologies. It will prepare you with the minimum certification for national uniformity and regulations that are being implemented in this industry in the near future. It is recognised by relevant radiation health departments as being sufficient educational preparation to be a Laser Safety Officer.
- Light physics discusses the science of light and concepts such as the electromagnetic spectrum, selective photothermolysis and the interactions between light and the skin.
- Laser and IPL systems gives an overview of how the technology works.
- Regulation covers legislation, regulation and standards both nationally and those pertaining to the state-based requirements set out for Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania.
- Safety is the largest topic and ensures the participant understands the requirements for client and staff safety, personal protective equipment, controlled access to laser rooms and laser safety planning and auditing.
- Common clinical applications of lasers and IPL in clinical practice.
WHO IS IT FOR?
GPs, doctors, nurses, beauty therapists and other dermal clinicians or skin therapists.
- Explain the scientific underpinning of how and why lasers and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) operate
- Identify the tissue interactions when using lasers and IPL
- Identify and interpret the legal considerations for the use of laser and IPL technologies in Australian states/territories
- Have an understanding of the safety precautions required when using lasers and IPL in clinical practice
- Identify potential risks and identify resources to develop safety plans for the use of lasers and IPL in a clinical setting
- Classify, explain and select appropriate lasers
and IPL for a variety of clinical presentations
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Four hours face to face and an additional two hours of self-directed study. An online exam of two hours is required afterward to achieve your course completion. Assessment is a two hour, online, open book exam. The course meets the AHPRA requirements for continuing professional development.
WHO ENDORSES/RECOGNISES IT?
The Government of Western Australia Radiological Council; Queensland Government Radiation Health, Health Protection; Tasmanian Government Radiation
THURSDAY 2 MARCH 2017 | WORKSHOP D
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Advanced Laser Pulse Modulation and Innovative Combination Techniques in Dermatology
Workshop Facilitator: Prof. Leonardo Marini, Dermatological Surgeon (ITA)
This Workshop will focus on the theoretical and practical implications of advanced pulse laser modulation and its possible combinations with other laser wavelengths, EBDs and dermatologic techniques commonly used in Aesthetic and Corrective Dermatology. Aging treatment and prevention, treatment of pigmented and vascular lesions, advanced tattoo removal, body reshaping, advanced PDT will all be covered.
- Understand the principles of advanced laser ablative and non-ablative pulse modulation using 2940nm and 1064nm wavelengths and their possible applications
- Recognize clinical indications and suitable combination strategies to safely and efficiently perform simple and advanced procedures
- Develop adequate confidence in choosing the appropriate laser technology
- Understand the principles of sequentially combining different laser wavelengths to obtain effective and reproducible clinical results
- Recognize the importance of pre-treatment Patient selection and posttreatment skin care to prevent possible complications and minimize potential side effects
WHO IS IT FOR?
Dermatologists, Aesthetic Medicine specialists, Plastic Surgeons, RNs, and other professional aestheticians.
The following discounts apply when attending multiple workshops:
2 workshops = 5% / 3 workshops = 10% / 4 workshops = 20%
Contact Customer Service on 02 9080 4307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to process this offer
Dr Ronald Feiner
Minimally Invasive Cosmetic Proceduralist, Cosmetica Medical Aesthetic Clinic
Associate Professor Stephen Bradshaw AM
Medical Board of Australia
Elissa O’Keefe MACN
Managing Director, Bravura
Cosmetic Physician, Laserase
Medical Director, Cosmos Clinic Canberra
Dr Sandeep Cliff-Patel
Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon, Cliff Dermatology Ltd (UK)
Prof Leonardo Marini
Dermatological Surgeon (ITA)
Dr Shaun Walsh
Cosmetic Physician and Dental Surgeon
Dermatologist, Dermatology Institute of Victoria
Founder & Formulator, Synergie Skin
Global Education Manager, Synergie Skin
Dr Qikun Bao
Cosmetic Physician, Taylor Clinic
Dr Sneha Joshi
Cosmetic Doctor, Cosmetic MD
Hair Transplant Surgeon, Australasian Hair Transplant Institute
Owner, Dermal and Cellular Regenerative Therapy
Owner, Carene Kiss Consulting
Blogger and GM, Plastic Surgery Hub
Nurse Practitioner and Founder, Complexions Skin Care
RN and Founder of the Clear Complexions Clinics
Managing Director, The Gaswerx
Owner, Matt Kemp Photography
Vice Chairperson & Jennifer Byrne, Professional Education and Governance, Australian Society of Dermal Clinicians
Dr Niroshan Sivathasan
Dr Patrick Treacy
Cosmetic Doctor & Medical Director, Ailesbury Clinics (IRE)
Cosmetic Surgeon, International Centre Cosmetic Medicine
Director, Marketing, Presenter, MC, Eussen Living
Senior Emergency Physician, The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre Melbourne and Cosmetic Doctor & Medical Director of Flawless Rejuvenation Skin Clinics
Principal Lawyer, Slater and Gordon
Dr John Javorniczky
Senior Regulatory Officer (NIR), Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
Head of Medico Legal Advisory Service, Avant Mutual Group
Group Chief Executive, AGPAL Group of Companies
Adjunct Professor Kylie Ward
CEO, Australian College of Nursing
Nurse Practitioner, Finesse Cosmetics