The event looks set to continue its role as the premier event for the global iron ore and steel industry during this challenging and crucial time as the resources sector considers the outlook for 2017 and beyond. In a time of industry volatility and uncertainty, it is now more important than ever to receive the latest expert analysis and insights into possible market and industry scenarios and network with industry leaders. Join hundreds of iron ore executives, analysts, fund managers, engineering firms, industry suppliers and many more under the one roof for 2 days of presentations, discussion, debate and networking functions and private meetings.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Edgar Basto, Asset President, BHP Billiton Western Australia Iron Ore
- Senior Representative, Rio Tinto
- Gary Gray AO, General Manager, External Affairs, Mineral Resources Limited
- Gordon Toll, Executive Chairman, Magnetite Mines Limited
- Tracy Liao, Commodities Strategist, Citi
- Alwyn Vorster, Managing Director, BC Iron Limited
- Li Xinchuang, President, China Metallurgical Industry Planning and Research Institute, & Deputy Secretary General, China Iron and Steel Association
- Managing Director, Atlas Iron
- Alina Wills, Senior Commodities Research Analyst, S&P Global Platts
- Clarke Wilkins, Director, Metals & Mining Research, Citi Research
- Caue ‘Paul’ Araujo, Principal Consultant, SRK Consulting (Australasia) Pty Ltd
- Oscar Tarneberg, Regional Manager, Asia, The Steel Index
- Paul Brennan, Chief Economist, Citi Research
- Chris Newman, Editor – Argus Steel Feedstocks, Argus Media
- Dr Neil J. Bristow Managing Director, H & W Worldwide Consulting Pty Ltd
- Dale Harris, Regional Director Iron Ore, Australia / Asia, Hatch
- Damien Harding, Director Performance Innovation, Hatch
- Laura Brooks, Principal Consultant, Consulting, CRU
Key issues to be addressed at the 2017 event include:
- Global economic and financial outlook
- Iron ore market outlook: Navigating and surviving excess supply and low prices
- The perspective on iron ore industry from producers
- Global supply outlook – How does growth in Brazilian supply compare to that in Australia?
- The rise of smaller producers taking Chinese market share
- Development and prospects of iron ore price, derivatives & futures market
- Steel market outlook – Global & Asia
- Status of China’s steel industry – Examining China’s iron ore demands and future development directions
- What role other Asian country will play in picking up excess supply?
- China steel recycling seen as growing threat to iron ore demand
- Reality check from the investors
- Will the recent cost reductions and productivity improvements be sustained?
- Managing through the downturn and improving productivity in the new low price era
See images from the last Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference
when & where
29 - 30 Mar 2017
Great Eastern Highway
Victoria Park, WA 6979
Telephone: 1800 556 688
+61 (08) 9362 8866
Set in on the banks of the Swan River, this modern pyramid-style casino hotel is a 3-minute walk from the nearest Transperth train station, and 5 km from the city centre.
Address: Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood WA 6100
Phone: 1800 556 688
For travel and accommodation needs, Lido Group will manage everything. Search here or call 02 8585 0808.