The event looks set to continue its role as the premier event for the global iron ore and steel industry during this challenging and crucial time as the resources sector considers the outlook for 2017 and beyond. In a time of industry volatility and uncertainty, it is now more important than ever to receive the latest expert analysis and insights into possible market and industry scenarios and network with industry leaders. Join hundreds of iron ore executives, analysts, fund managers, engineering firms, industry suppliers and many more under the one roof for 2 days of presentations, discussion, debate and networking functions and private meetings.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Edgar Basto, Asset President, BHP Billiton Western Australia Iron Ore
- Senior Representative, Rio Tinto
- Clarke Wilkins, Director, Metals & Mining Research, Citi Research
- Paul Brennan, Chief Economist, Citi Research
- Tracy Liao, Asia Commodities Strategist, Citigroup
- Gary Gray AO, General Manager, External Affairs, Mineral Resources Limited
- Caue ‘Paul’ Araujo, Principal Consultant, SRK Consulting (Australasia) Pty Ltd
- Alwyn Vorster, Managing Director, BC Iron Limited
- Managing Director, Atlas Iron
- Gordon Toll, Executive Chairman, Magnetite Mines Limited
- Laura Brooks, Principal Consultant, Consulting, CRU
- Oscar Tarneberg, Regional Manager, Asia, The Steel Index
- Anurag Nema, Director, BNP Paribas
- Dr Neil J. Bristow, Managing Director, H & W Worldwide Consulting Pty Ltd
- Chris Newman, Editor – Argus Steel Feedstocks, Argus Media
- Alina Wills, Senior Commodities Research Analyst, S&P Global Platts
- Li Xinchuang, President, China Metallurgical Industry Planning and Research Institute, & Deputy Secretary General, China Iron and Steel Association
- Alina Wills, Senior Commodities Research Analyst, S&P Global Platts
- Wu Wenzhang, Board Chairman & President, Shanghai SteelHome E-Commerce Co.,Ltd
- Linda Albano, VP Power and New Markets, Woodside
- Dale Harris, Regional Director Iron Ore, Australia / Asia, Hatch
- Damien Harding, Director Performance Innovation, Hatch
Key issues to be addressed at the 2017 event include:
- Global economic and financial outlook
- Iron ore market outlook: Navigating and surviving excess supply and low prices
- The perspective on iron ore industry from producers
- Global supply outlook – How does growth in Brazilian supply compare to that in Australia?
- The rise of smaller producers taking Chinese market share
- Development and prospects of iron ore price, derivatives & futures market
- Steel market outlook – Global & Asia
- Status of China’s steel industry – Examining China’s iron ore demands and future development directions
- What role other Asian country will play in picking up excess supply?
- China steel recycling seen as growing threat to iron ore demand
- Reality check from the investors
- Will the recent cost reductions and productivity improvements be sustained?
- Managing through the downturn and improving productivity in the new low price era
See images from the last Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference
Iron Ore Processing Course
Tuesday 28th March 2017
9am – 4pm
The Iron Ore Processing Course provides a concise overview of the specific unit operations associated with iron ore processing. With a strong market for iron ore and the growth of new projects, there is unprecedented demand for personnel with expertise in iron ore production. The course contains comprehensive information on the beneficiation of iron ore including comminution, sintering, upgrading, and pelletizing aspects. Various types of furnaces utilised for the production of iron are considered, and the pyrometallurgy of smelting in a blast furnace is discussed in detail.
Process analytical methods are also highlighted to familiarise personnel with quality assurance procedures, and a strong emphasis is placed on pollution control measures given trends on environmental regulations. Finally, we cover some case studies in order to familiarise ourselves with industry best practice and some of the challenges that we potentially face within the industry.
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed to provide key knowledge of Iron Ore Processing to mining executives, project managers, geologist, senior mine and processing plant operating staff, engineers and researchers. The course can also benefit training providers, suppliers to resource industry, technologist, accountants, brokers and investors. It requires no pre-requisite knowledge and a certificate is provided at the completion of the course.
- Ore Mineralogy
- Ore Processing Hematite
- Ore Processing Magnetite
- Iron Ore Testwork
- Iron Production
- Review of Projects
The course includes sound technical information regarding iron geological occurrence, mineralogy and mining techniques as well as factors to be considered in blending of ores from a processing perspective. Comminution and beneficiation of ore are discussed at length. Detailed discourse on commonly utilised pyrometallurgical extraction process for iron manufacture are included. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss issues they have encountered with their plant processes.
Participants are provided with comprehensive course notes on CD covering the basic theoretical and practical aspects of iron ore processing. This will serve as a valuable resource for later reference.
Director/Principal Consulting Engineer
Mineral Engineering Technical Services
Damian has over 40 years experience as a Consulting Metallurgist. He has extensive experience in the gold, copper, lead, zinc, uranium and iron ore industries. His field of expertise lies in plant operations, feasibility studies, detailed design, and commissioning. He has been involved in many projects including engineering, audit, due diligence, tenders and expert witness work.
Damian’s training courses have been run both in Australia and overseas, and are highly regarded.
Director, Metals & Mining Research, Citi Research
Chief Economist, Citi Research
Asia Commodities Strategist, Citigroup
Managing Director, Planning Integration and Assets, Rio Tinto
Asset President, BHP Billiton Western Australia Iron Ore
Gary Gray AO
General Manager, External Affairs, Mineral Resources Limited
Caue ‘Paul’ Araujo
Principal Consultant, SRK Consulting (Australasia) Pty Ltd
Managing Director, BC Iron Limited
Executive Chairman, Magnetite Mines Limited
Principal Consultant, Consulting, CRU
Regional Manager, Asia, The Steel Index
Director, BNP Paribas
Dr Neil J. Bristow
Managing Director, H & W Worldwide Consulting Pty Ltd
Editor – Argus Steel Feedstocks, Argus Media
Senior Commodities Research Analyst, S&P Global Platts
President, China Metallurgical Industry Planning and Research Institute, & Deputy Secretary General, China Iron and Steel Association
Board Chairman & President, Shanghai SteelHome E-Commerce Co., Ltd
VP Power and New Markets, Woodside
Regional Director Iron Ore, Australia / Asia, Hatch
Director Performance Innovation, Hatch