Key Learning Objectives
- Eradicate inner conflicts which might limit workplace performance
- Master sustainable control of stress and stressors in the work environment
- Improve positive-attitude maintenance in challenging situations
- Assess personal leadership style quickly, accurately and privately
- Assess candidly the influence your personality has on others
- Lead through ‘empowerment’ not power
- Gain respect and appreciation from those with whom you interact
- Experience a sense of personal growth
- Be the first to initiate
- Expect and give acceptance to maintain esteem
About the Course
This course has been developed to assist you in acquiring tools and strategies that will strengthen your personal awareness, interaction and leadership skills and further define your style in the current and evolving organisational climate.
With a unique process that will continue your learning post-program, you will firstly identify and then deconstruct any challenges holding you back from gaining recognition and reward in your work career and life.
The personal leadership elements of this course are designed to help develop a lasting commitment to deepen personal and professional capacities, disentangling internal experience from external circumstance and recognising that we are the creators of the former and not the victims of the latter.
This is a rare opportunity to experience Sandi’s magic and benefit from her unique insights into how we as women can achieve more of what we desire without sacrificing other vital areas of our lives.
Who Will Benefit
- Women involved with management, or looking to make the transition into a leadership role
- Anyone looking to improve their work relationships
- Quite simply, any women in leadership roles striving for more from their life and career
New Zealand courses
For more information on the Confidence & Assertiveness for Women course being held in New Zealand – click here.
“I felt so immersed for the whole 2 days. I left wanting more, just what I need! Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
Head of Safety, EDG-Woolworths
“Practical explanations and tools that will impact me greatly in my work and life! Sand is creative, enthusiastic, helpful and responsive!.”
Rebecca Jeffrey, Assistant Director, Dept Health & Aging
How Can Women Be More Effectively Assertive?
Sandi Givens is the expert presenter of many of Informa’s development programs designed and run especially for women, and we were delighted to have her as a guest on our webinar on “How can women be more effectively assertive?”
Identifying your glass ceilings
- Demystifying the concept of glass ceilings
- Beliefs and assumptions that are holding you back
- Your unique “Life Arenas” map
- The impact of Internal and External factors
Identifying your desired state in each area of your life
- Knowing your desired direction
- Your biggest opportunity for change
- Your ideal states in:
- Career and work
- Health and fitness
- Home and family
- Other parts of your life
Identifying the gaps: developing an action plan
- What are your priorities and how can live according to those?
- The first steps
- Your own personal criteria for success
Why you are worth it!
- The essential pillars of self-esteem
- Are you your own worst critic?
- Why and how we block our own progress
Managing your internal state
- The different forms of internal dialogue: optimistic and pessimistic
- The physiology of ultimate confidence and charisma
- Reframing – you can reprogram negative self-talk!
- Critical language distinctions
Assertion model: to achieve win/win outcomes
- The litmus test of assertiveness
- Identifying mutual ‘Wins’
- Why people don’t listen to you when you’re in conflict
Exploring gender differences
- Communicating facts and feelings
- Different approaches to problem solving
- How men and women negotiate differently
Personality: Working with differences
- Understanding your strengths and limitations
- Knowing how you may be perceived by others
- Building behavioural flexibility to work more effectively with difference
The power of questions
- Yes – you can coach yourself!
- How to know when you are dealing with the real issue
- What to do when the other person won’t answer
Action plan: Continuing your learning beyond the program
- How to keep the momentum going
- What to do when you are stuck
- The importance of celebrating success
when & where
11 - 12 Dec 2017
05 - 06 Mar 2018
29 - 30 May 2018
25 - 26 Jul 2018
23 - 24 Aug 2018
25 - 26 Oct 2018
27 - 28 Nov 2018
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.