The Labour Shortages & Skilling Summit, will be held on the 16-17 November 2021 at the Crown Perth is the perfect opportunity to bring together multiple industries to discuss and look at collaborative, innovative, alternate pathways & resolutions to the skills and labour market severe shortage and challenges.
The acute shortage of workers in the Resources, Defence, Construction, and Agriculture industries threatens to cripple major sections of the economy as companies scramble for the staff they need to maintain their operations.
The event will address strategies to alleviate the shortages, fast track new skill pathways & work collaboratively to build a sustainable workforce.
The knock-on effects of COVID-19 related travel restrictions and labour availability continues to impact businesses and skill shortages have been slowing work and blowing out costs. The reality is that if it’s not tackled and dealt with it will have severe and long lasting consequences on multiple industries ability to globally compete and deliver to both our local economy and all our export markets.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Outlook for requirements & future trends
- The role and effects of COVID-19 on the nationwide skills shortage across many industries
- Economic impact – profitability and productivity
- Government initiatives and opportunities to work collaboratively with industry
- The need for reform and flexibility
- WA recovery plan – The role of upskilling to fill the gaps
- Strategies to alleviate the shortages
- Opportunities to fast track new skill pathways & collaboratively build a sustainable workforce
- Rethinking the future of work and opportunities for alternate pathways to success
- Case studies
- Technology & resilience – ensuring training meets changing industry requirements
- Is it time for more of a ‘rack and stack’ method to build qualifications to fill the gaps
- Attracting & retaining the next generation and new talent – the role of media, schools, VET & investment in facilities and communities
- What’s happening across the globe?
Assistant Secretary, Labour Market Research and Analysis, National Skills Commission
Manager, Resources Industry Training Council, Chamber of Minerals & Energy of Western Australia
Founder and Managing Director, Pit Crew Management Consulting Services Pty Ltd
CEO, Western Roads Federation
CEO, WA Farmers
Board Chair, Wheatbelt Business Network
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Reconnect and Re-engage with industry leaders at the Labour Shortages & Skilling Summit
There are many opportunities for networking including social events such as networking drinks, lunches and refreshment breaks making this not just a conference… but an all-encompassing industry “experience”.
Event sponsorship or exhibiting will allow your organisation to:
- Build relationships with potential and existing clients
- Generate leads from a high-level, targeted audience
- Close sales in a more personal manner than via phone
- Demonstrate your product in person
- Build brand awareness
To see what is on offer please contact:
T: +61 (0)2 9080 4334