Now in its third year, the ADM STEM in Defence Summit is a cornerstone event that brings together Defence, Defence Industry and Education to build the STEM-skilled workforce we need.
With the rapid pace of change in STEM fields in a growing Defence Industry, and the hotly anticipated Defence Industry Skilling and STEM Strategy due to be released in mid-2018, it is imperative for Australia to ensure young people are propelled onto future-looking career pathways in cybersecurity, drone technology, shipbuilding, space and more.
How Industry, Education and Defence will achieve this is the core focus of the Summit. We will explore:
- How defence industry, including SMEs, can work with educational institutions to develop attractive career pathways (through engagement and reskilling programs alike), building up STEM talent at all points in the pipeline
- What a successful STEM program looks like for Defence and Defence Industry
- Shifting the perception of STEM careers, and careers in Defence and Defence Industry
- Implementing cultural change in Defence and STEM industries to be more inclusive, in order to attract and retain diverse talent
- Raising the profile of trades and vocations, particularly in the shipbuilding context
- What needs to happen to keep Defence and Defence Industry innovating
Join us as ADM hosts this one-of-a-kind summit to strengthen the resolve, cultivate the relationships and take the exciting next steps to deliver a future-ready, STEM-skilled workforce.
Visit the ADM Events website to view the agenda, speakers and general information.