State government across Australia continue to allocate unprecedented funding for the development of education infrastructure. As Australia’s population continues to rise and demographics change expanding education infrastructure in the correct locations becomes even more pertinent.
NSW state government recently pledged $4.2bn towards to education infrastructure, Victoria and Queensland each have considerable budgets to allow for the building of tomorrow’s Australia and the other states and territories are no different.
The unparalleled school building programs underway across the nations lead to excellent examples of changing attitudes towards planning, design and construction of schools.
High-rise schools have become a reality for many in densely populated urban areas and the design of innovative learning spaces continues to develop.
- Government spending on school Infrastructure
- Past, current and future projects
- Delivering new classrooms with time and cost efficiency
- Accommodating for current and future population pressures
- Creating modern learning environments
- Utilising new technological developments
Director, Infrastructure Finance & Reform, ACT Government
Director, Hepful Solutions
Population and Location Analyst, .id
Associate Professor in Learning Environments, The University of Melbourne