Security incidents in healthcare settings and violence against health care workers is all too common, frequently underreported and on the rise across the country.
The Safe & Secure Hospital & Healthcare Worker Conference aims to address pre-existing and emerging challenges: bringing together field-leading experts from across healthcare, police, government, legal, ambulatory and allied health professions. These experts will deliver presentations on the latest developments in aggression and violence prevention, post-incident management, security management, workforce training, incident resolution and staff wellbeing.
This event is about preventing and managing occupational violence and aggression in hospitals and health settings across Australia. This hybrid event will focus on articulating critical challenges, discussing effective strategies and promoting collaboration to ensure the safety and security of healthcare staff.
Topics to be address
- OVA systems in differing health workplaces
- Practical solutions and strategies to ensure the reduction of risk and incidence of violence
- Occupational violence risk assessment and management plans
- Control measures, risk assessment and effective training tools
- Current and emerging post COVID-19 effects within hospital and health care safety worker
- Incident Reporting
- Post-incident support and ensuring effective psychological first aid
- Legal responsibilities and duty of care to patient Vs duty of care to staff
- Emerging risks both physical and physiological
- Hospital Design and Logistics in reducing incidents
- Emerging technologies within training and prevention
For 2021, this event will be available as a face-to-face event as well as via the virtual event platform.
Dr Teresa Anderson AM
Chief Executive, Sydney Local Health District
Lead Trainer for Management of Aggression and Violence, Alfred Health
Director Emergency Department, St Vincent's Hospital
Forensic Clinical Specialist, Eastern Health
Health Box is a video-on-demand service providing a deeper dive on key topics, themes and questions relating to health and life sciences events in Australia and APAC. Visit our website here.
Health Box boasts a rich mix of free content for you to “snack on” at your own leisure including:
- Speaker interviews
- Executive briefings – short messages from organisation CEOs or senior management
- Fast Chats – an interview style short video (5-10minutes) from an expert thought leader in your organization to provide solutions to challenges, announce new products, make a company announcement and many more.
- Explainer videos – a short custom video providing targeted content as a potential elevator pitch, educating buyers about a specific issue or product feature.
- Expert panels
- LinkedIn Recommended Ads – get your brand Infront of our market leading LinkedIn Groups.
We know you can’t always attend all our events, but we also know you like to get a feel for some of the key topics, themes and messages from events. Health Box offers a taste of what is on offer at our flagship conferences so you can make an informed choice on joining our events.
Each Health Box episode is different and each month we release a new episodes on different topics.
Have a message, project or idea to share? Connect with us ahead of our upcoming episodes to learn how you can get involved or we can work with you to create a new episode. Let us take care of you!
For more information on how your company can get involved in a Health Box episode, contact
Senior Business Development Manager
+61 2 9080 4432
when & where
23 - 24 Nov 2021
68 Market St,
Sydney NSW 2000
(02) 9238 8888
Swissotel Sydney Special Accommodation Rate: 10% discount off best available rate at the time of booking. In order to qualify, please call the Reservations Team on 02 9238 8888 between 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote INFORMA