Security incidents in healthcare settings and violence against health care workers is all too common, frequently underreported and on the rise across the country.
The Safe & Secure Hospital & Healthcare Worker Conference aims to address pre-existing and emerging challenges: bringing together field-leading experts from across healthcare, police, government, legal, ambulatory and allied health professions. These experts will deliver presentations on the latest developments in aggression and violence prevention, post-incident management, security management, workforce training, incident resolution and staff wellbeing.
This event is about preventing and managing occupational violence and aggression in hospitals and health settings across Australia. This hybrid event will focus on articulating critical challenges, discussing effective strategies and promoting collaboration to ensure the safety and security of healthcare staff.
Topics to be address
- OVA systems in differing health workplaces
- Practical solutions and strategies to ensure the reduction of risk and incidence of violence
- Occupational violence risk assessment and management plans
- Control measures, risk assessment and effective training tools
- Current and emerging post COVID-19 effects within hospital and health care safety worker
- Incident Reporting
- Post-incident support and ensuring effective psychological first aid
- Legal responsibilities and duty of care to patient Vs duty of care to staff
- Emerging risks both physical and physiological
- Hospital Design and Logistics in reducing incidents
- Emerging technologies within training and prevention
For 2021, this event will be available as a face-to-face event as well as via the virtual event platform.
Dr Teresa Anderson AM
Chief Executive, Sydney Local Health District
Lead Trainer for Management of Aggression and Violence, Alfred Health
Director Emergency Department, St Vincent's Hospital
Forensic Clinical Specialist, Eastern Health
Dr Stephen Parnis
Emergency Physician, St Vincent's Hospital, Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital, Werribee Mercy Hospital and former Vice President, AMA
Coordinator Consumer Participation Strategy Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Services, Murrumbidgee Local Health District
Director Security and Emergency Management, Monash Heath
Acting Manager/ Staff Counsellor - Staff Wellbeing and Support Service, South West Sydney Local Health District
Coach Transforming Your Experience (TYE), SWSLHD
Clinical Manager, St Johns Ambulance Australia (NT) Inc.
Chief Inspector Matthew Hanlon
Manager Mental Health Intervention Team, NSW Police
Senior Clinical Advisor, Mental Health Intervention Team, NSW Police
Manager Inpatient Services/MHECS/Director of Nursing Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Services, Murrumbidgee Local Health District
Assistant State Inspector, Work Safe NSW
Project Manager (Occupational Violence and Safewards), Western Health
Dr Ainslie Senz
Director–Footscray Emergency Department, Western Health
Sergeant Scott McLean
Divisional Mental Health and Police Service (MHaPS) Manager & Mental Health Liaison, Victoria Police
Program Officer (Health Practice), WorkSafe Victoria
Health Box is a video-on-demand service providing a deeper dive on key topics, themes and questions relating to health and life sciences events in Australia and APAC. Visit our website here.
Health Box boasts a rich mix of free content for you to “snack on” at your own leisure including:
- Speaker interviews
- Executive briefings – short messages from organisation CEOs or senior management
- Fast Chats – an interview style short video (5-10minutes) from an expert thought leader in your organization to provide solutions to challenges, announce new products, make a company announcement and many more.
- Explainer videos – a short custom video providing targeted content as a potential elevator pitch, educating buyers about a specific issue or product feature.
- Expert panels
- LinkedIn Recommended Ads – get your brand Infront of our market leading LinkedIn Groups.
We know you can’t always attend all our events, but we also know you like to get a feel for some of the key topics, themes and messages from events. Health Box offers a taste of what is on offer at our flagship conferences so you can make an informed choice on joining our events.
Each Health Box episode is different and each month we release a new episodes on different topics.
Have a message, project or idea to share? Connect with us ahead of our upcoming episodes to learn how you can get involved or we can work with you to create a new episode. Let us take care of you!
For more information on how your company can get involved in a Health Box episode, contact
Senior Business Development Manager
+61 2 9080 4432
Informa Health & Safety Commitments
When you join our event, you can expect to see that health and safety is a priority, and that a range of measures are in place to ensure everyone involved is able to enjoy a safe, hygienic, productive and high-quality organised event experience.
All Informa events will be run according to official government and local authority guidance in the first instance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations. In addition, Informa Australia will follow some key health and safety priority commitments as part of “Informa AllSecure”.
Vaccination required for all in-person attendees
To ensure the maximum safety of our audiences, Informa requires all in-person participants (speakers, delegates, partners, sponsors, exhibitors, suppliers) to be fully vaccinated in order to gain access to the physical event. For those unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, we encourage you to participate in the event by booking a virtual pass to attend the event.
This is an important measure to keep our community members safe who have not yet been able to get vaccinated or who are unable to get vaccinated. We hope it will also help infuse confidence and alleviate concerns that some may still have about attending an event in person.
For more information and to see our FAQs about our Covid-19 health & safety approach, please visit www.informa.com.au/allsecure
Event Health & Safety measures in place
- Informa will continue to adhere to the COVID-19 rules and restrictions applicable to the local state government where the event will be run
- Enhanced cleaning and hygiene practice including deep cleaning and sanitization before, during and after our events has been implemented.
- Reduced contact registration is in place
- Physically distanced seating options in line with local authority regulations will be provided in all venues
- Contact tracing: All attendees will be required to check-in to the event venue using the relevant government Covid-safe app
Conditions of entry:
Entry to an Informa event for attendees and staff is not permitted if they:
- are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- are themselves, or residing with anyone who is, waiting the results of a test for COVID-19
- have returned from international or interstate (where relevant) travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days
- are not able to provide proof of vaccination
For more details please visit www.informa.com.au/allsecure
when & where
23 - 24 Nov 2021
68 Market St,
Sydney NSW 2000
(02) 9238 8888
Swissotel Sydney Special Accommodation Rate: 10% discount off best available rate at the time of booking. In order to qualify, please call the Reservations Team on 02 9238 8888 between 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday or email email@example.com and quote INFORMA