The mining industry is at a tipping point where sustainability and decarbonization are top items on CEOs’ agendas.
– McKinsey & Company 29/6/2021
Australia has long been a Resources powerhouse and is now in the spotlight and facing increasing pressure from regulators, investors, customers & the community globally to decarbonise operations.
Creating zero carbon operations is now within reach if the right solutions and technologies are implemented, making it the right time for the resources sector to take action and accelerate their efforts to decarbonize. Multiple efforts will be required to address the sources of emissions and many companies are already setting increasingly ambitious targets for their CO2 emissions and putting their plans in place to achieve these targets.
The Decarbonising the Resources Sector Summit will examine pathways to decarbonisation and how Mining, Oil & Gas companies can prosper in a low carbon world using innovative solutions & emerging cost-effective technologies. The event is designed as a platform bring together resources companies, leading technology and innovation experts, energy industry innovators and investors to discuss and explore the latest opportunities, challenges, initiatives, innovative technologies, and developments for reducing the resources industry’s CO2 emissions to zero.
Join us on the 15-16 August 2022 in Perth as we explore can how the resources sector can thrive in a new age of decarbonisation and sustainability.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- The current state of the industry & how the resources sector can thrive in a new age of “sustainability & decarbonisation”
- Solutions, actions, and benchmarks for a net zero emissions
- What would take to decarbonise aggressively and achieve the 1.5°C climate-change goal?
- Case studies from resources companies leading the way on their moves towards zero CO2 emissions using new technologies and advanced analytics to achieve sustainable sourcing, fuel switching, fleet decarbonisation, green electricity & process refinements.
- The role of short-, mid-, and long-term opportunities for decarbonisation
- Low carbon technologies and renewables in mining, Oil & Gas decarbonisation plans
- Funding option and how the numbers stack up – What are the costs and the investments required?
- The role and opportunity for collaboration to achieve success
- Hydrogen market developments and the impacts and opportunities for the resources sector
- Future-proofing Australia’s resource exports in a decarbonizing world
- Opportunities for renewable power purchase agreements (PPAs)
Hon Bill Johnston MLA
Minister for Mines and Petroleum; Energy; Corrective Services; Industrial Relations, WA Government
Chair, State of Play
Executive Director, Head of Western Australia and Resources, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
Dr Peter Newman
Member of the International Panel on Climate Change, Curtin University
State Director WA & SA, Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association
General Manager – Climate and Energy, Minerals Council of Australia
Director - Sustainability, Deloitte
Principal Adviser on Climate and Energy, The Australia Institute
Co-Founder, Head of Markets, Renewable Energy Hub
Senior Representative, APA Group
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
The 3rd Annual Decarbonising the Resources Sector Summit, formerly the Renewables + Resources Conference, brings together key industry stakeholders from across Australia.
It is more important than ever to reconnect and network with your industry colleagues. Having been almost 2 years for some people since meeting in person, the Summit will provide a great networking experience with social events including lunches, drinks and an industry display area.
Event sponsorship or exhibiting will allow you to:
- Re-enforce your brand in front of potential and existing clients
- Demonstrate and discuss your product in person
- Network with your industry colleagues
- Build brand awareness as a key industry player
To see what is on offer please contact:
Megan Rogulski – Sponsorship Manager
T: +61 (0)2 9080 4334
Our Commitment to Sustainability
In Australia, we are committed to running our events in an environmentally and socially responsible way. Across Informa Connect we are focusing on the short and long-term sustainability impacts we have on customers and colleagues alongside the communities we work in.
We recognise that it’s not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognising that we have a role to play in providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve.
To read more on our latest sustainability reports and Faster Forward initiatives – click here.
Still have a question?