Australia has long been a mining, oil & gas powerhouse and is now emerging as a renewable energy technology leader. There are increasing opportunities and applications for renewable energy in resources, providing both opportunities for companies to reduce their operations carbon foot print whilst also lowering energy costs and improving their bottom line.
The Renewables + Resources Conference will be a landmark event for the resources & energy industry during this crucial time as we see an increasingly strong business case for adding renewable solutions to their energy mix which will drastically challenging the existing operations and models and open-up new opportunities.
The event is designed as a platform to bring together mining, oil & gas companies, the world’s leading technology and innovation experts, energy industry innovators and investors to discuss and explore the latest opportunities, challenges, innovative technologies and developments for reducing the resources industry’s reliance on costly fossil fuels.
Join us on the 4 March 2020 in Perth as we explore harnessing renewable energy to lower costs, reduce emissions and maximise efficiencies.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- The role of renewable’s in mining & resources energy transition
- How can the mining sector thrive in a new age of “sustainability”?
- Case studies on current and proposed renewable projects and their transition to renewable energy- Mining, Mineral processing, Oil & gas
- How are investors assessing mining, oil & gas companies in relation to their climate strategies and energy choices for operations?
- Funding option and how the numbers stack up!
- Hydrogen market developments and the likely impacts and opportunities for the resources sector
- Future-proofing Australia’s resource exports in a decarbonizing world
Dr Ben McGarry
Global Service Leader - Future Energy, Aurecon
A/ VP Sustainable Development, Communication & External Affairs, ConocoPhillips Australia
Zoe von Batenburg
Business Development and Transactions, Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
Director Projects, Fortescue Metals Group
Director - Sustainability, Deloitte
Director Origination, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
General Manager – Western Australia, Alinta Energy
Director, Institutional Commodities, OMF Markets
Head of Western Australia and Resources, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
Professor Gus Nathan
Director, Centre for Energy Technology, The University of Adelaide
Managing Director, Element 25 Limited
Prof Ken Baldwin
Director, ANU Energy Change Institute and ANU Public Policy Fellow / Director, ANU Grand Challenge: Zero-Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific
Director, Head of Commodity Research, Markets, Corporate & Institutional Banking, National Australia Bank
when & where
04 Mar 2020
Hyatt Regency Perth
99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000
+61 (08) 9225 1234
Book accommodation with HotelMaps
To access the best available rate, book here.