Australia has seen continually rising prison population figures over recent years. This has created problems for state governments with swelling numbers putting pressure on already crowded facilities.
Prisons 2020 will focus on the need for raised investment in prison infrastructure, innovation in design and operating performance of correctional facilities alongside prisoner educational and wellbeing programs that aim to reduce incarceration figures.
This event will be a two-day, national conference designed to facilitate thought-provoking insight into the life cycle of correctional facilities and explore what more can be done to support those incarcerated in them.
Join us on 7-8 July 2020 at the Aerial UTS Function Centre, Sydney as we discuss some of the most pertinent issues currently facing the corrections systems, including:
- Recently introduced legislation and regulation impacting prisons
- Innovative design and construction techniques
- Ensuring prisons have the capability to provide sufficient bed space and services
- The impact of the built environment on prisoners and staff
- The growing use of technology in correctional facilities
- Current performance of Australia’s prisons
Ravenhall Prison – another shining example of long term infrastructure financing
Addressing the complex needs of young offenders
Can sentencing be enhanced with artificial intelligence?
Improving inmate rehabilitation with innovative design concepts
Preventing cruelty in Prisons – how to meet your OPCAT obligations