State governments are currently faced with housing record numbers of inmates as an ever-greater number of people are incarcerated across the country. As the Australian prison population continues to rise, so does the impetus on prison infrastructure and prisoner outcomes. What can be done across the sector to match the low recidivism rates of other countries around the world?
Prisons 2018 promises to provide thought provoking insight into the life cycle of correctional facilities and explore what more can be done to support those incarcerated in them.
Join us on 2-3 August, 2018 as we explore some of the most pertinent issues facing the corrections systems with the aim of improving conditions, providing functioning facilities, and stemming the incessant growth in prisoner numbers.
- How are prisons and the corrections system currently performing and where is new regulation and legislation having an impact?
- What new and innovative techniques are needed to finance, construct, and deliver prisons as promptly as possible?
- Does modular construction and pop-up prisons offer the golden ticket to delivering urgently required bed space?
- How does the design of a prison impact those who live, work and visit there? How can the introduction of contemporary technologies assist prison workers and support prisoners to one-day re-enter society?
- What impact is overcrowding having on prisoner health and wellbeing and how does this impact the potential to increase positive outcome and reduce recidivism?
when & where
02 - 03 Aug 2018
Rendezvous Hotel, Melbourne
328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9250 1888
Book Accommodation with Lido Group
For your convenience Lido Group will manage your accommodation needs. Click here or call 02 8585 0808.