Online retail continues to grow in Australia with an estimated worth of $22.1 billion last year – a 7% increase on the year before.
Australians spent over $2.3 billion in purchases on the 2015 Boxing Day Sale – up 4% on last year’s figures*.
We’re still shopping, but what continues to change is the how, where and when of this spending. Predicting and responding to retail trends directly impacts the efficiency of getting these goods to customers.
As the market continues to grow it is also constantly evolving. The impact of this growth and evolution flows directly to the logistics and distribution industries too. Customer satisfaction is key, supply chain visibility is increasingly important and the price war is on for so many retailers.
Some of the topics to be examined include:
- The role of social media in generating sales
- Creating Efficient Supply Chains: A Booktopia Case Study
- Growth of hybrid models with traditional bricks and mortar retailers expanding online presence
- The distribution challenges Australia’s topography presents
- Cost saving innovations and technology in logistics and warehousing
- Striking the Right Balance between Customer Service and Fulfilment
- Dealing with rapid expansion and customer service engagement
- What does the future hold for retail online delivery?