The inaugural Maintaining Grid Stability Forum will examine the need to integrate new intermittent generation into existing and future networks, and explore what steps can be taken to ensure the stability of the grid.
Australia is experiencing a renewable energy boom, with current modeling suggesting we are on track to achieve 50% renewable electricity by 2030 even without new federal energy policies. However, this influx of intermittent renewable energy combined with aging coal-fire power stations is threatening to make our energy grid unstable. This forum will explore what steps can be taken to ensure the stability of the grid is maintained to enable the energy transition.
- Marginal Loss Factors (MLFs)
- Case studies from generation, transmission and storage developers
- Investing in Australian renewables: Navigating grid challenges
- The revival of synchronous condensers for grid stability
- Benefits of interconnection for maintaining grid stability
when & where
02 - 03 Dec 2019
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
131/135 Bourke St
Melbourne VIC 3000
+61 (03) 9039 8888
Book Accommodation with Lido Group
For your convenience Lido Group will manage your accommodation needs. Click here or call on 02 8585 0808.