Informa in conjunction with The Banking and Finance Oath invites you to a day on ethics in banking and finance. The Banking & Finance Ethics 2017 conference will discuss the importance of trust and an ethical foundation for the financial services sector; exploring the crucial role individuals play in ensuring that the industry operates with integrity.
We will look at consumer and shareholder behaviour, the role of the media, regulation and more through an ethical lens.
We’ve heard enough about bank scandals and greed. This forum provides an opportunity for those in banking and finance to openly discuss and explore ethical issues that are contributing to the erosion of trust and the social contract many in the industry respect and uphold, providing greater insight to empower the industry to move ahead with confidence.
The forum will break down responsibility to the individual level and look at why ethics is compromised. With a regulatory, organisational and individual perspective in mind we will discuss the following:
- Has regulation become self-defeating?
- Why it’s hard to be good with money
- The language of ethics and the ethics of language
- The importance of speaking up
- The social contract of banking
- Purpose and identity and the moral injury caused when both are not reconciled
- Data and artificial intelligence: what they mean for consumers and jobs
- Can we measure culture?