Informa Australia in conjunction with Ovum will open dialogue on Banking Innovation in Sydney on Wednesday 11 October 2017 – exploring the accelerating impact of technological revolution and disruption within the financial services sector.
The conference will cover:
- AI – Artificial intelligence provides banks, capital markets firms and insurers with an enormously powerful set of tools to transform and streamline some of their most fundamental financial processes. The challenge for many, however, is not only to identify and adopt the best AI technologies but to reshape and rethink their operating model and talent development to take advantage of AI’s transformative capabilities.
- Augmented & Virtual Reality – from avatars to chatbots we will provide insight and case studies and hear from the pioneers that are at the forefront of these emerging technologies.
- Blockchain – exploring the use of blockchain technology today whilst looking at the role ‘trust’ will play in relation to its widespread application.
- Payments – We will investigate the global and domestic payments system and the benefits with new players bringing game changing technology to the table. The current regulatory structure of payments – globally and domestic and the opportunities for greater competition.
- Open Banking – we open timely dialogue providing the United Kingdom’s perspectives from Ovum’s researchers and experts.
- Quantum Computing – the game changer on the horizon – we explore the possibilities the technology is opening and how practical steps can be taken now to be ready for implementation and who will benefit the most.
- RegTech – exploring its fast evolution and its efficiency assisting the regulator and the regulated
- Self-authentication – exploring current trends that are emerging to authenticate transactions and individuals.
Professor Kevin Davis
Research Director | Australian Centre for Financial Studies (ACFS), Panel Member, Murray Inquiry
Principal Analyst, Ovum TMT Intelligence
CEO, New Payments Platform (NPP)
Vice President, Head of Core Cash Product, Treasury Services, J.P. Morgan, Australia and New Zealand
CEO & Chairman, Freelancer.com & CEO & President, Escrow.com
Head of Emerging Technology, Commonwealth Bank (CBA)
CEO, FinTech Australia
Country Manager Australia and New Zealand, Alipay
Founder & CEO, Xinja
Founder, Dovas Digital
Founder & Director, Swamy and Associates
CEO & Founder, Coverhero
Director, Red Marker
Professor Michael Bremner
UTS Centre for Quantum Software and Information & ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology.
Dr Kingsley Jones
CIO, Jevons Global
Founder & CEO, Plattar
CBO, Soul Machine
Professor Katina Michael
School of Computing and Information Technology, University of Wollongong
CEO, Arctic Intelligence
Co-Founder, CXO at Virtual Method and Co-Founder of Women in AR/VR, Australia
Independent AI Adviser