Annual Regional Ports
Dates to be announced.
The 8th Annual
Regional Ports 2013
Gateways for trade, engagement and growth
20 - 21 November 2013 | Four Points by Sheraton, Geelong
Regional Ports 2013 will showcase the latest port developments and assess the policy, planning and operating strategies designed to maximise the efficiency of Australia's regional ports: gateways for facilitating trade, engagement and regional growth.
The 8th annual Regional Ports Summit will be hosted in Geelong - Victoria’s second largest city and the largest regional port.
Featuring local and national case studies, the two day event will provide a spotlight on port developments across the country, highlighting the infrastructure, investment and long-term planning necessary to meet Australia’s current and potential competitiveness.
Key topics include:
- Improving port efficiency, capacity and safety
- Port reform, regulation and investment
- Growth areas for regional ports
- Shipping and the environment
- The logistics chain and innovation in supply chain integration
- The role of ports in strengthening regional economies and communities
Key contributions from:
- Dom Figliomeni, CEO, NSW Ports Port Kembla
- Mick Kinley, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- John Murray, General Manager - Ports, Patrick Ports and Stevedoring
- Capt Peter McGovern, CEO, Victorian Regional Channels Authority
- Paul Toussaint-Jackson, Chief Operating Officer, Dampier Port Authority
- David Anderson, CEO, Ports Australia
- Lloyd Binks, Manager Regulatory and Policy, Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- Michael Sutton, A/Executive Director, Surface Transport Policy, Department of Infrastructure and Transport
- Alison Coates, Executive Director, Major Transport Projects, Department of Transport, Western Australia
- Sally Noonan, Executive Director Strategic Assessment, Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning, Queensland
Regional Ports 2013 Format & Social Functions
Regional Ports 2013 will consist of a two day conference, a half day site tour and a number of social function including:
- WELCOME RECEPTION, 19 November 2013 Four Points by Sheraton, Geelong, 6.00-7.30pm
- REGIONAL PORTS 2013 DINNER - 20 November 2013, Le Parisien, 6.00-10.30pm
- HALF DAY SITE TOUR - 21 November 2013
- TRANSFER TO MELBOURNE for the 2013 Australian Shipping & Maritime Industry Awards
21 November 2013, Peninsula A, Docklands, Melbourne
To view a summary of the key themes and outcomes of Regional Ports 2012 visit our blog here
If you are interest in:
- Speaking opportunities, please contact Tina Karas on +61 (0)2 9080 4306 or email email@example.com
- Sponsorship & exhibition opportunities, please contact Sarah Cullen on +61 (0)8 9339 2183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- View the full updated agenda
- Register your place now!
USB Memory Stick Sponsor