The Foundation Certificate exam is normally held at the end of Day 3. The exam format is:
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.
Note – Re-certification is also required 3-5 years after original certification
The Practitioner Certificate exam is normally held in the afternoon on Day 5. The exam format is:
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).
The Foundation Certificate is a mandatory pre-requisite to undertake the Practitioners exam.