AusIntermodal will cover critical issues for the freight industry including planning, funding, improving supply chain efficiency and ensuring Australia has the regulatory framework for a competitive and sustainable freight industry.
When it was released in 2013, Infrastructure Australia's National Land Freight Strategy estimated that, "until 2030 the number of containers crossing the nation's wharves will increase by 150%"
Australia's containerised freight has seen many developments in the past decade, from the rapid growth in national freight task to increased automation and changes in legislation.
Held to coincide with the 20th annual Australian Shipping & Maritime Industry Awards, AusIntermodal 2015 will look at the latest advancements in intermodal freight transport and the impact of these developments in strengthening Australia's economic position.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
Hon Luke Donnellan, Minister for Ports, Parliament of Victoria
Paul Scurrah, CEO, DP World Australia
Maurice James, Managing Director, Qube Holdings Limited
Peter Winder, Executive General Manager Interstate Network, Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC)
Dr Eva Savelsberg, Vice President Logistics Division, INFORM GmbH Germany
Nathan Cecil, Partner, Holding Redlich
Cate Hull, Chief Executive Officer, FreightExchange
Peter Adams, Director of Commercial & Economic Development, Wagga Wagga City Council
Topics for 2015 include:
- The future of Australia's supply chains
- Visions of Australia's future freight network & State by State freight strategies
- Improving rail and road freight networks and modal connections
- Assessing port development plans for increased capacity and efficiency
- Drivers for intermodal projects and ways to increase freight efficiency
- Focus on intermodal projects currently under development
- Highlighting operational aspects and challenges of intermodal and ports terminal
- Future infrastructure and terminal needs
- Achieving freight transport modal shift
- Technological advancements in container tracking
- Reform and investment priorities
- Market focus - what do customers want?
- Stevedoring and its role in the freight supply chain
Click here to view the presentations from the 2014 AusIntermodal Conference.