Major Rail Occurrence Forum
The RISSB Major Rail Occurrences Forum investigates the complex area of derailment investigations.
The RISSB Major Rail Occurrences Forum is the perfect opportunity for rail safety investigators to gain an insight into the area of derailment investigations. Investigating a derailment scene is a complex task. Accordingly it is important to set a practical and realistic environment for attendees to learn the skills required to be competent in railway accident investigations.
Topics to be discussed include derailment investigation and associated regulations, the investigation process, reporting layout, legal elements, human factors, the potential derailment triggers in rolling stock, infrastructure and operations, as well as examining a number of recent case studies
- Deconstructing real investigative reports in terms of:
- Investigation objectives and evidence priorities
- Human factors affecting major incidents
- Caroline Walsh, Commissioner, Australian Transport Safety Bureau
- Laurie Wilson, Manager Infrastructure & Engineering, RISSB
- Alan Gardner Bsc.Eng.Mech, CEO, ESPEE Railroad & ARHS
- Vernon Hoey, Rail Investigator, Transport Accident Investigation Commission
- Andrew Matthews, Principal Engineer – Rail, GHD
For speaking opportunities please contact Nicola Blackmore at Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org
For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities please contact Paul Towle at email@example.com