Emergency Department Management Conference
Showcasing Innovation and Exploring Improvement Strategies
This conference is dedicated to addressing management issues in the emergency department and will provide case studies and strategies from hospitals, state health departments, local health districts and allied health professionals.
The topics to be discussed include:
- Recruitment, retention & motivation - It's not all about the money!
- Initiating change management in the ED, embracing challenges & celebrating wins
- The role of the GEDI nurse - Geriatric care beyond ED
- Managing 'high risk' feet in ED - Multi-disciplinary approach to provide a timely, safe & effective patient journey
- Model of care - Challenges, evolution & future directions of Australia's first nurse led Walk-in Centre
- Can building a new ED solve NEAT? An ED redevelopment, lessons learnt & where to from here
- Safety and quality in emergency mental health care: What have we learnt
- Clinically meaningful system change in a low volume private ED
- Managing aggression & violence - Measures to minimising risk & improving safety of the patient, other patients & staff
- Technological advances to improve care & patient flow
- The target culture: Friend or foe?
- Clinical governance and the art of clinical decision-making
- Flow management in the context of "update on overcapacity protocols"
- The effect of a medical team model of care for Ed patients, with regard to timeliness
- Patient flow
>> View the full Emergency Department Management Conference agenda here.
Feedback from the 2014 conference included:
"Enjoyed networking with the other ED clinicians and sharing experiences"
"Highlights included hearing all the different stories and considering how to relate to your workplace"
"Highlights included hearing about models of care in the ED setting & impacting NEAT & patient safety/ quality"
St Vincent’s Health Melbourne