8th Annual ED Management Conference is accredited for 11.75 ACEM CPD hours
Emergency Department Management Conference
The Emergency Department Management Conference showcases innovation and improvement strategies, for hospital management staff and allied health professionals.
20 - 21 July 2016 | Swissotel, Sydney
The 8th Annual Emergency Department Management Conference is supported by the Emergency Care Institute (ECI), the Discharge Planning Association (DPA), and is accredited for 11.75 ACEM CPD hours.
The event attracts senior attendees, made up of around 55% hospitals, 20% Federal & State health departments, 15% LHD'S & allied health professionals, with the remaining percentage consisting of consultants, health technology vendors and legal representatives.
2016 Speaker Faculty includes:
- James Downie, Acting CEO, Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA)
- Professor Michael Ardagh, Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Otago; Specialist in Emergency Medicine, Christchurch Hospital
- A/Professor Ian Scott, Director, Internal Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane; Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Queensland
- Dr Dewald Behrens, Emergency Physician, Modbury Emergency Department, Modbury Hospital
- Dr Neil Grant, Clinical Director, The Prince Charles Hospital Adult Emergency
- Penny Kooyman, Clinical Nurse Educator, Emergency Department, St Vincent's Hospital
- Dr Matt Summerscales, Head of Department, Emergency Department, St John of God Midland Public & Private Hospitals
- Dr Michele Genevieve MBBS FACEM, Head of Department, Emergency Department, St John of God Midland Public & Private Hospitals
- Dr James Hardy, Staff Specialist Geriatrician, Aged Care Department, Royal North Shore Hospital
- Robynne Rush, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Aged Care Department, Royal North Shore Hospital
- Dr Elizabeth Marsden, Emergency Staff Specialist, Consultant lead Geriatric ED Intervention (GEDI), Nambour General Hospital, Sunshine Coast Hospital & Health Service Queensland
- Andrea Taylor, Clinical Nurse GEDI, Nambour General Hospital, Sunshine Coast Hospital & Health Service Queensland
- Dr Stephen Gourley, Director Emergency Medicine, Alice Springs Hospital ED, Central Australia Health Service, Northern Territory Government
- Ursula Harrisson, Risk Advisor - Medical Indemnity, Victorian Management & Insurance Authority
- Professor Drew Richardson, Staff Specialist in Emergency Medicine, Canberra Hospital & Health Services; Chair of Road Trauma and Emergency Medicine, Australian National University Medical School
- Kylie Stark, Nurse Manager Emergency, Sydney Children's Hospital Randwick
- Lita Olsson, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Department of Emergency, Metro North Hospital & Health Service
- Craig Roudenko, OVP Officer, Occupational Violence Prevention Services, Metro North Hospital & Health Service
- Dr Chris May, Director Emergency Medicine, Redland Hospital
- Dr Kathryn Zeitz, Director Strategic Operations, Mental Health Directorate, Central Adelaide Local Health Network - SA Health
- Dr Kristin-Anne Rutter, Senior Engagement Manager, McKinsey & Company
- Cathy Cooper, Senior Mental Health Clinician, Eastern Health
This year's highlights include:
- Developing the New Australian Emergency Care Classification
- INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS - A Comprehensive Approach to Improving Patient Flow in Hospitals
- Clinical Governance & The Art of Clinical Decision-Making
- Who Do We Need in ED? Who Can Tell Us?
- Developing a Supportive New Graduate Program for Newly Registered Nurses in the ED
- Opening a New ED, Managing Change, Investigating innovations
- A Review of Hospital Avoidance Programs for Older People
- National Standards & Patient Safety - Are We on the Right Track?
- Risk Insights & Patient Safety Issues in Emergency Medicine
- Towards Zero Harm in the Emergency Environment
- Initiatives for Managing Aggression
- A New Integrated Model of Care for ED Mental Health Patients
- Improving Mental Health ED Flow - A Partnership Approach
- Police Acute Response & Triage Service - "Leading Mental Health Services in a New Direction"
Click here to see the full Conference Agenda