East Coast Gas & Energy Summit
East Coast Gas and Energy Summit is a timely platform for the gas and energy industry and its stakeholders to network and discuss the challenges faced.
A July energy crisis followed by a state-wide blackout in South Australia in September ignited a national debate over the ongoing roles of coal, gas, and renewables in Australia's energy mix. The East Coast Gas and Energy Summit will provide a timely platform for the gas and energy industry, and its stakeholders, to network and discuss the challenges faced.
A six-month outage of the submarine interconnector linking the Tasmanian energy network to the mainland, and the period of very high wholesale electricity prices in South Australia in July, set the stage for an August meeting of the COAG Energy Council.
The COAG meeting resulted in a number of reforms, which Federal Minister for the Environment and Energy Josh Frydenberg says will "ensure the energy system remains affordable and reliable as we transition to a lower emissions future".
Just over a month after the ministers' meeting, extreme weather knocked out power in South Australia, reigniting a national debate over renewables, infrastructure and energy security in the face of climate change policy, and a complex gas market.
With the COAG ministers set to meet again in December, the East Coast Gas & Energy Summit is the industry's perfect platform to network, discuss and progress the conversation in the significant and ever-changing gas and energy landscape.
- Tom Koutsantonis MP, Treasurer, Minister for Finance, Minister for State Development, Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy, Government of South Australia
- Gordon Wymer, Chief Financial Officer, Snowy Hydro
- Peter Geers, Executive General Manager of Markets, Australian Energy Market Operator
- Matthew Doman, Director South Australia and Northern Territory, APPEA
- Cheryl Cartwright, Chief Executive, Australian Pipelines and Gas Association
- Ben Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Gas Networks
- Tim Nelson, Head of Economics, Policy and Sustainability, AGL Energy
- Gerard Reiter, Executive General Manager, Asset Management, TransGrid
- Andrew Stock, Councillor, The Climate Council
- David Leitch, Principal, ITK
- Steve Marafiote, Managing Director, Australia, Sundrop Farms
- Damien Moyse, Policy & Research Manager, Alternative Technology Association
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
- East Coast Gas - policy, supply, reform
- The National Electricity Market in the modern era
- Australia's future energy mix
- The road ahead for South Australia